6|THE DURSLEYS

"Oh oh," said Harry.

"What is that supposed to mean?" asked Vernon aggressively.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Lily said, "it's just... James has forgotten something."

"Of course he did, he's a clueless unemployed freak," Vernon muttered angrily.

"What did you just say?" James asked, his eyes screaming 'don't you dare provoke me'.

"James calm down," Lily whispered quickly and got hold of his arm.

"You see Petunia, we were correct," Vernon continued speaking, as though he was enjoying himself, "those people are made to be sent to a mental hospital."

"Vernon could you please stop provoking us?" Lily said sharply, but yet calmly, while tightening her grip on James's arm. 

"Let me explain something to you," Vernon glared at her. "This is my house. Which means I can do and say whatever I want."

"Well, if-" 

"Shut up you filthy little-" Vernon decided to interrupt her, but he also couldn't finish his sentence, because James was in front of him in the matter of seconds, with his wand pointed directly at his fat excuse for a neck.

"Don't you dare insult her," he growled, pushing his wand firmly at the skin wobbling around his head.

"Or what?" Vernon challenged him.

"Or it might be the last thing you will ever say," said James and Petunia shrieked. 

"James stop, he's not worth it," said Lily, but James took no notice of her. He just stared at Vernon, his eyes full of anger and excitement.

"I had enough of this, I'm calling the police," said Vernon, his voice shaking slightly.

"Go and call the police," James laughed, with his wand still touching his neck, "I'd like to see you try."

"Don't provoke me Potter," Vernon growled, "or you'll be laughing on the other side of your face."

"I would like to see you try," James grinned.

"Oh I will you son of a bitch," said Vernon trying to be as rude as possible, but to his surprise James laughed.

"Do you really think you could offend me by those meaningless swear words?" he asked him.

"Get away from him," Petunia shrieked and got hold of her big spoon, that was lying on the counter.

"Why should I?" James asked her, trying to ignore her choice of weapon, "he offended my wife."

"James, leave Vernon alone," Lily tried again, "you are making it worse!"

"Oh, how sweet of her, trying to get her mad husband out of prison," Vernon snickered.

"And how sweet of your wife for actually agreeing to marry you," James said, "you know, my dear fellow, if you weren't the only idiot in love with her, she would have never chosen you."

"And how long did it take you, to get a girl to look at you?" Vernon challenged him.

"Hmm about a minute after I was born a female healer looked at me as well as my mother if that counts," said James and let out a laugh, "But if you need to know I had about twenty girlfriends in my life just for fun, because I was bored. Lily was the only one I wanted. And believe me if I wanted a girl I could get a new one every day."

"Well, as you can see, the rest of the world had gone nuts," Vernon announced after a moment of silence.

"If the people who live in this house are considered the rest of the world, you are very much correct," said James.

"Oh, Potter, don't think so highly of yourself," Vernon decided to use the last insult he had previously prepared for the visit, "are you even sure that boy over there is your son?"

"Of course I'm sure," said James.

"But doesn't he look oddly familiar to that Snape kid Petunia mentioned once?" asked Vernon.

"Oh you arse," said James, "Tell me how many bones of Petunias did you break when you created that big in a wig?"

"SHUT UP!" Vernon bellowed, "I had enough, Petunia call the police!"

Petunia nodded and quickly reached for the phone, but Lily blocked her way, "Petunia don't, it's just a misunderstanding."

"Get out of my way!" Petunia snapped and tried pushing Lily to her left, but she wouldn't budge.

"Petunia, aren't we exaggerating," said Lily and then as she did, suddenly Petunia raised her hand and slapped her. In reflex Lily's hands tensed around her son and ducked, but the hand didn't miss her. It hit her cheek as hard as she could, leaving a red patch on it. As the sound of the hit filled the room. It caused silence to spread around. Lily stared at her sister in shock. James instantly rushed across the room and got Lily behind him. 

"Don't you dare touch her ever again or-" he started.

"Or you'll what?" asked Vernon who somehow managed to get up and walk to Petunia. James sighed.

"Seriously, Vernon, how many times must I tell you: You do not appear to be a threat to me," James rolled his eyes and took Lily's hand, "come on Lils, let's go."

"Okay," Lily said, still staring at her sister, and the started to follow James out of the room. When they were passing the cupboard under the stairs Harry let out a little shout and pointed his index finger at it. Lily stopped walking and looked at the cupboard.

"What is it darling?" she asked him and Harry shook his head.

"Wha?" he said.

"That's a cupboard," said Lily. Harry stared at it. Lily looked at him and at the cupboard and back at him.

"James?" Lily called out as her husband was already opening the front door.

"Lily, I am not going to apologize," he said stubbornly.

"No, it's not that, it's Harry," said Lily.

"What about him," said James, after finally turning around to look at her, "he seems fine."

"No, he's been staring at this cupboard, since he saw it," said Lily. James walked back towards them and looked at Harry and at the cupboard.

"They might have a kid locked up in there," he finally said.

"James I know they aren't the nicest, but they would never lock a child into a cupboard under the stairs," said Lily.

"I wouldn't bet on it," said James, "Anyway let's go, Harry is probably just daydreaming or something."

"Alright I guess," said Lily and James wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Don't let them get to you," he said quietly and led her out of the house.

Hi!!

Thank you for reading!

Thank you so much for the beautiful names you suggested! I have a proper voting system and everything, because there were so many! It will be hard to choose.

QUESTION: Alright I have got a super question for you! Do you think there might be somebody who is a fan of Peter Pettigrew, Vernon Dursley, Dolores Umbridge and people like that? 

Please vote and comment to let me know you are still enjoying my story!

Love,

Lizzie :)