17|GOYLE MANOR

"Okay, let's go," Sirius said happily and started walking, but Remus got hold of his shirt and pulled him back behind the bushes.

"That's why following your urges isn't smart," he hissed and looked back at James. "So, what do we do now?"

"Well," James started talking, while glancing at Goyle's manor and opening the small bag, "I have the invisibility cloak, but that's primarily for Lily and Harry. I also brought those death eater cloaks and a bit of polyjuice potion, but there's only enough for one of us."

"Great, because nobody would have any idea who the rest of us are," Sirius said sarcastically.

"But wouldn't it be a bit risky, turning into somebody who is in the same house as yourself?" Remus asked.

"Yes, I thought of that as well," James said and pulled out a bottle of sleeping draught.

"And we are supposed to do what? Get ourselves hung on a tree and burned?" Sirius asked.

"Don't be such a drama queen Padfoot," James rolled his eyes.

"Okay," Remus said, "why don't you get under the cloak and try to find a way in, while I try and make Sirius's face as ugly as I possibly can?"

"I'll gladly return the favour," Sirius glared at him.

"Fair enough, get yourself pretty," James said and covered his body with the cloak of invisibility. He walked towards the tall silver gate guarding the manor. He knew there will be protection around it and was clever enough to stay off the road. He wondered where the protection was casted. On the gate itself or around it? And if it's around it, how close to it? He also tried to think which protection charm they used and what would happen to him if he touched it.

As all those thoughts went through his mind, he was already standing right in front of the gate, so close in fact that he nearly bumped into it. He looked around and went through all the muggle movies he ever watched in the cynema to come up with a way to get across to the other side, without touching it. He thought of flying across, but that's something Voldemort would take into account. His head turned to the opposite direction - the ground. It was so simple. He could just dig a hole under the fence. But how to dig a hole without magic?

"Transfiguration," he thought to himself and looked around, searching his mind for the best  spell he could come up with. He looked around, but all there was were bushes and plants. He focused on the flowers, examining their shapes. Then his eyes met one, perfect to enchant. He came closer and pointed his wand at it.

"Duro," he whispered and watched the tall plant turn in to stone. He picked it up and performed some spells to make the ends sharper, hoping that it will do just as good of a job as an actual spade would. He started digging a hole in the ground, but it was going nowhere.

"Stupid plants," he muttered, as he took out his wand and charmed the object to do the work itself. Soon it was finished and James took away the enchantment. He ran back to Sirius and Remus, who were unrecognizable in their cloaks. James looked closely at their faces: Sirius had a much older face, with small blue eyes, an extremely weird square-shaped mustache and flat, lifeless hair falling down his forehead. Remus on the other hand had long, greasy, black hair, a large crooked nose and black eyes.

"Do you see what I did to Moony?" Sirius said proudly, "I made him look like Snivellus!"

"He is almost as greasy as him," James agreed, while laughing. Remus rolled his eyes mischievously.

"Thank Merlin you didn't take muggle studies," he muttered. James glanced at Sirius again, who looked just as confused as James did. He will have to ask him what he meant when they get back home.

"Remus you put on the cloak, me and Sirius will get past it as Padfoot and Prongs," he said and handed over the cloak, transformed into a stag and trotted towards the gate. Sirius and Remus went after him and examined the hole. Prongs got onto his knees, and bowed his head downwards, carefully moving his antlers, so they wouldn't get stuck and squeezed his body under the fence. His two friends followed him. They ran across the garden with Remus covering both of them with the cloak. After a few minutes they arrived at the side entrance. James and Sirius transformed back into their human form.

"I imagine it being locked," Remus said quietly, as Sirius leaned his head against the wall.

"I hear footsteps," he said in an urgent whisper and in a split of a second, the three man were all squeezed under the cloak, their eyes fixed on the door.

"Let's take a walk so they will fall asleep when the Dark Lord arrives," said a calm voice, which James immediately recognized as the voice of Narcissa Malfoy. He felt his stomach move uncomfortably, as they watched her and Mrs. Goyle walk out of the manor, each holding their child. 

"I would suggest giving them the potion though," Mrs. Goyle said, "you forget that we do not have a soundproofing system here."

James could have sworn, he saw a flicker of compassion appear on Narcissa's stone-cold face as she looked down at her child. They soon walked away and disappeared around the corner.

"I didn't see them lock anything," James muttered, trying to ignore his heart pounding all over his body.

"I suggest getting this over with as soon as possible," Sirius said and walked over to the door and opened it.

"Well if only the dungeons here have such a security system," he muttered and entered the manor. Remus walked after him, leaving James behind them under the invisibility cloak.

They heard voices coming from the room on the other side of the hallway and walked towards it. They couldn't hear what exactly they were saying, but it was obvious that it was about Voldemort, as they kept saying the words dark and lord.

"We need to find stairs that go down," James whispered.

"I don't know why, but my urges tell me that they hold the answer and your hair," Sirius said, pointing to the door.

"Well yeah, but how are we supposed to get inside?" James asked and he could see Sirius's eyes concentrate for a brief moment, until looking back up.

"Risk it," he said simply, "there is no other way."

He walked to the door and opened it with all the confidence he had in him. Immediately the whole room looked at him.

"Good day," he said with a decisive and strong voice, "I am Phineus Cygnus Black and I wish to speak with Bellatrix. I was told to look for her here."

"And why, may I ask, do you wish to speak to her?" Malfoy asked him.

"I wish to discuss family matters," Sirius said.

"I see you have brought someone with you," Malfoy went on, gesturing towards Remus.

"Ah yes this is a friend I brought with me," Sirius said calmly, "Édouard Dupuis."

"You're French?" Mr. Goyle asked, stepping forwards. Remus mirrored him, giving James space to get past him

"I am," he said trying to make his speech sound as though English was his second language.

"Oui, our family lives all over the world," Sirius said, trying to make his r's sound as French as possible. James sneaked past them with a sleeping potion in one hand. He went around the corner to see stairs that led downstairs, which meant that they led to his family. Before he could move he heard a noise, footsteps walking down the very same staircase.

"Oh baby Harry," said the owner of the footsteps. It was Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Time to call the Dark Lord!"

Hello!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I really enjoyed adding a little bit of humour to it (although it's a very Sirius situation).

QUESTION: If you could have one deathly hallow, which would you choose and why?

Please vote and comment to let me know you are still enjoying my story! 

Love,

Lizzie :)