3|HAPPY NEW YEAR

New years eve

James heard somebody knocking on the front door. Quickly he got up.

"Who is it!?" he asked.

"You know," said Sirius from the other side.

"Padfoot, a knock knock joke is only funny once," James laughed, "would you like to answer a question instead?"

"Ugh alright, if you have to," Sirius sighed.

"Okay, when you came to my place after running away, what did you say?" James asked him.

"Oh I said: James, sorry for just coming over, but I have some wonderful news, my mother has decided to save me from all the misery and disowned me, but the bad news is that I have nowhere to go," said Sirius

 "Alright, I guess it's you," James said and opened the door, to see Sirius standing with two shopping bags in his hand.

"You guess?" he asked and shook his head, while walking into the house, "well it's nice to know that you don't trust me."

"Oh, come on," James said and closed the front door, "I was only joking."

"Excuses, excuses," Sirius muttered and looked around at the empty living room, "where are Lily, Harry and Moony?"

"Moony hasn't arrived yet," James told him, "as for Lily and Harry, they're upstairs, getting dressed, I think, or maybe they're playing."

"Look at us, getting some quality time together," Sirius said and placed the shopping bags on the table.

"What did you get?" James asked him.

"Well," Sirius said, as he started to take everything out of the bags, "two bottles of firewhiskey, a ton of butterbeer, since Harry is joining us and Lily is on the non-alcohol diet... Speaking of Lily, she isn't sick anymore is she?"

"Oh, no, it's getting better," James said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Great, because I am not watching her throw up again," Sirius stating.

"Oh come on, that only happened once," James shook his head.

"It still wasn't nice to watch, well she's better now... I'm so happy boys don't get pregnant," said Sirius. James nodded and lent over to see what else there was in the bags, "Anyway I brought loads of snacks-"

"JAMES!" he was interrupted by Lily's scream. James turned around quickly and hurried towards the stairs.

"Lily, what is it?" he asked urgently, as Lily came down the stairs, sobbing. She walked towards him and her head practically crashed into his chest.

"I-I don't think that H-Harry l-l-likes me anym-more," she continued sobbing into his chest.

"Nonsense, why wouldn't he like you?" James asked her.

"B-Because I just wanted t-to pick him up to p-put on his shoes, but he started crying and crawled away," said Lily, "I-I'm a terrible m-mother," with that she started crying even harder.

"Pshh, Lily, that's not true, you're a great mother," James said, as he rubbed her back.

"Apparently not," Lily said.

"That's not true Lily," James said, "where is Harry anyway?"

"In his room, I think," Lily told him.

"Come on," he said and put his arm around her waist and led her upstairs.

"Sirius can you let in Remus, when he comes?" he looked down the staircase at Sirius, who was standing at the doorway, silently laughing hysterically.