2|LOCKDOWN ACTIVITIES

After a long Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans  tasting session, Sirius and Remus had to go to an order meeting. Dumbledore didn't let Lily and James leave the house anymore, because of Voldemort rising, so they agreed that Sirius will tell them everything that they talk about at the meetings. James wasn't very happy about it, because he wanted to do something useful for the order.

"So... alone again," James sighed and threw his wand on the sofa.

"Am I not good enough company?" Lily asked, who came into the room with Harry in her arms. James looked up at her.

"I never said that," he said, "it's just, well it's so lonely and quiet."

"It won't be that quiet in 7 months," she said and sat down. She rested her head on his shoulder, as James took Harry from her arms and proceeded to playfully throw him in the air.

"No it won't," he said, "except if we get a quiet baby."

"Well looking at the fact that he has the Marauder genes, I don't think it's possible," she said and James chuckled.

"Yeah we are great," he said and she rolled her eyes, "are you still feeling sick?"

"Not as much," Lily said, "thanks for asking."

"It was my pleasure," James said,  smiling and Lily rolled her eyes again, "so do you wanna have breakfast now?"

"Yeah, alright I guess," Lily said and closed her eyes.

"Honestly," James said, "you cannot be thinking of sleeping!"

"Alright, keep your hair on," Lily said, as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She stood up, went to the kitchen, took a pancake from the plate and sat down. As soon as she did however, James also entered the kitchen, holding Harry's hand who was clumsily walking beside him.

"We decided that we should keep you company," James said. He picked Harry up and put him in his high chair.

"That's very nice of you," Lily said, while applying a chocolate spread to her pancake.

"I know," James said proudly and turned to Harry, "now what are we going to do, while Mummy's eating?" 

Harry's gaze traveled to Lily and back to him.

"Give him some crayons and paper," Lily suggested.

"Sure," James said, pulled out his wand and summoned the objects. He placed the big box of crayons and a few pieces of paper in front of his son, who eagerly began looking in the box and taking random crayons out of it.

"I still don't understand the beauty of paper," James said, while watching his son pick up one of the crayons and dropping it on a piece of paper.

"Well I can't really see a child drawing on a piece of parchment," Lily said.

"Why not?" James asked and Lily shrugged.

"I don't know," she said, "It just doesn't seem right."

"Fair enough," James said. For some time they both stared at Harry, who was now happily drawing circles and lines on the paper with various crayons.

"He seems to be enjoying himself," Lily said.

"Yeah he is," James agreed, "let's all of us  draw something!"

"Er, alright," Lily said and James happily summoned a few additional pieces of paper.

"Harry do you mind if me and Mummy take a few crayons?" he asked him politely, which caused Lily to let out a tiny giggle. Harry looked at him confused and soon began drawing again. James grabbed two crayons from the box and gave one of them to Lily.

"But I don't know what to draw," Lily said.

"Whatever you want," James said, who already started to draw his picture, "whatever you're thinking of at the moment." 

"Alright," she said and looked down at her blank piece of paper.

***

"Are you done yet?" James asked her.

"No, but I'll be any minute," Lily said. James sighed, looked at his watch and faked a yawn. Lily rolled her eyes and put down her crayon. She lent forwards to see his drawing and rolled her eyes.

"Seriously James? A bed?" she asked him and James grinned.

"Yes, I think of it each time I look at you," he said and Lily glared at him.

"Excuse me?" 

"Oh, no wait, a bed is not what I think of, just a second," James said quickly and hurried over to the box of crayons and pulled out a red one. He turned over the piece of paper, drew a big heart and held it up.

"That's what I think of," he said.

"Oh, James, I feel like being in 5th year again," Lily said and James frowned.

"Okay, what do you want me to say?" he asked her.

"Oh come on, I am only joking," said Lily.

"Anyways," James said, "I still want to see your drawing." 

Lily smiled and handed him her work. It was a drawing of three people. A man with glasses and extremely messy hair, a woman, with long hair and a little boy, with the same hair as the man. The boy was holding his parents hands and besides them was a drawing of a pram.

"I wonder who that is," James smiled and Lily laughed.

"Hey Harry, look what Mummy drawn," said James and held Harry the drawing, who took it curiously. He looked at it, turned it over several times and then suddenly, he ripped the paper apart.

"Harry!" Lily and James both yelled at the same time, both shocked at what he had done. Harry laughed. He was still holding one half of the paper, on which there was the drawing of Harry, Lily and James. Lily bent down to pick up the other half... The drawing of the pram.

Hi!!!

I hope you liked it. At the moment I'm trying to get the pregnancy symptoms right and Harry's abilities as a one year old. And since I was never pregnant, it's taking a fair amount of time... 

Please vote and comment to let me know you are still enjoying my work!

QUESTION: I am trying to decide the gender of the baby.... Maybe a boy, because they are always girls, but then a girl would be so much sweeter... Anyway help me decide!

Love you all, 

Lizzie :)