23|ST. MUNGO'S

Remus opened the door and James felt his whole body die: Just turning into stone and exploading into tiny pieces. The woman was crying, he couldn't see her eyes, because her face was under the blanket. Her body was curled up and shaking. It was Lily. The love of his life, the girl who gave him hope, the girl who was able to cheer him up, the girl who was always there for him, the girl he would do anything for so she wouldn't get hurt.

And after what felt like hours of standing still and looking at her, he turned to Sirius, who had tears in his eyes as he watched her cry. He looked at Remus, who was just staring at the floor.

"What happened?" James managed to say, as he felt his voice crack.

"Stillbirth," Remus whispered.

As James heard the word his entire body went completely numb. He couldn't hear anything, except for a strange buzzing voice inside his head. He felt as though the entire weight of the world was pushing him down under the ground.

Slowly he walked to the door and closed it. And as soon as he did, he felt his body collapsing and tears running down his face.

He saw Sirius walk up to him and sat down beside him: "I'm so sorry James."

He couldn't answer. He just sat there, staring blankly at the white wall, on which pictures of old healers were talking to each other, while some were looking at him sadly.

"How?" James whispered and looked at Miriam.

"We aren't exactly sure," she said, "The baby was developing just fine and she didn't strangle herself or anything like that."

"Well who'se fault is it?" James asked impatiently.

"The baby has been gone for around 24 hours," Miriam told him, "It must have been a stressful situation of some kind."

"Well she was kidnapped," Sirius stated.

"Yes, but that was less than 24 hours ago," Remus pointed out.

"Well but then..."

"PETER!" James interrupted Sirius, "It was him, wasn't it!"

"But Lily was fine," Sirius said, "And besides she was in many close to death situations when she was pregnant with Harry."

"But the curse really did almost hit her this time," Remus said quietly.

"May I interrupt?" Miriam asked, "If you are talking about the killing curse, which I am quite positive you are... If the curse was near enough it is completely possible that it had an affect."

"What do you mean?" Sirius asked slowly.

"Well apparently it has been proven, mind you I have never seen it with my own eyes, that if a killing curse is casted and is less than an inch close to a well less developed being, it can kill it, without that being actually being hit."

"But you said she was developing fine," James said angrily. All this professional talk was getting on his nerves. He just wanted an answer.

"For her age she was developing fine, but she was not fully developed," Miriam explained.

"So it was him?" Sirius said quietly.

"Seems like it," Remus whispered and looked at Miriam.

"That does seem like the most possible explanation," Miriam told them.

James felt Remus and Sirius' eyes look at him, but he ignored it. Peter, his best friend had killed his son. He was so looking forward to meeting him and holding him in his hands, but he was no longer there. All the kicks he was feeling on Lily's stomach and all the times he was talking to his unborn son meant nothing now. Can this day get any worse?

"Where's Harry?" he asked.

"A healer is looking after him," Remus said, "Lily is in no state to take care of him."

James nodded and got up. He had to go to her. Slowly he got up and went to Lily's room and opened the door.

She was still in the same position: Crying under her blanket. He walked up to her bed and sat down on the chair next to it. He didn't know what to say. He wasn't even sure if he was able to speak.

"I'm sorry," he heard her say.

Hi guys!
Sorry for the late update, but school has been so hectic:( I didn't even have the chance to edit it.

I hope you liked the chapter I am so sorry but she had to die. It was the plan from the beginning of the book and some of you actually figured it out I think and I felt so bad doing it.

QUESTION: Have you seen The fantastic beasts yet? Did you like it? But no spoilers please!!

Vote and comment!!(it really makes my day)

Love you all

Lizzie