Manchurian Army, Heilongjiang Army 9th Div, 32nd Reg, 2nd Bat, Daily Duty Log

Manchurian Imperial Army, Heilongjiang Army 9th Division 32nd Infantry Regiment 2nd Battalion, Daily Duty Log

15 January

- Duty Officer, 2nd Battalion 3rd Company Commander First Lieutenant Yasumichi Hosoi

- Deputy Duty Officer, 2nd Battalion 3rd Company Headquarters Warrant Officer Wang Jingrong

- NCO on Duty, 2nd Battalion 3rd Company 2nd Platoon Sergeant Tadayuki Kōno

15th

23:00

- Reported by: Duty Officer (NCO on Duty transmits telegram on behalf of the Duty Officer)

- Form of report: Regular report

- Reporting to: Regimental Headquarters

- Means of reporting: Telegraph

- Content of report: No anomalies

16th

00:07

- Reported by: Duty Officer

- Form of report: Emergency report

- Reporting to: Duty Officer at the Regimental Headquarters

- Means of reporting: Radio

- Content of report:

Shortly after midnight, despite the darkness of the night, a brightness resembling daylight appeared for a moment. The soldiers on duty reported this simultaneously, having grasped the situation, to their commanding officer. They requested instructions from the Regimental Headquarters.

- Regimental order:

Order from the Regimental Headquarters Duty Officer to the 2nd Battalion Duty Officer. Currently, the details are unclear, but similar transmissions have been received from the Duty Officers of each battalion. As this matter is being reported to the Division Headquarters, the troops on duty in the 2nd Battalion should await further orders from higher command. Additionally, the Regimental Duty Officer has notified the Battalion Duty Officer to issue standby instructions to the battalion commander. Furthermore, permission to unlock the battalion's arms depot has been granted by the Regimental Duty Officer, but any weapon issuance should await the orders of the Battalion Commander.

00:15

Inquiry from the 1st Platoon leader, who is on weekly leave. Request for clarification. Is it necessary for the platoon members to be on immediate standby despite the cancellation of their vacation? Message from the Duty Officer to the 1st Platoon leader. As of now, there have been no superior orders regarding immediate standby orders. Request to maintain the current status. However, it cannot be ruled out that an order for immediate standby may be issued in the future, and the 1st Platoon leader would like to be informed of the situation of the subordinate unit.

00:17

Transmission Order from the Regimental Headquarters:

Based on the provisions of the Army Unit Duty Regulations, the Duty Officer at the Regimental Headquarters hereby issues the order for the Duty Officer of the Regiment. Designated duty standby personnel should report to the Battalion Duty Room for immediate duty support. Those assigned to duty support shall operate under the command of today's Duty Officer and await orders from the Regimental Headquarters, along with other duty support personnel of the same assignment. At present, handle matters appropriately within the scope of duty.