04/02/2675 - Ministry of Foreign Affairs Organizational Structure Summary

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Organizational Structure Summary / 4 February 2675 (Heisei 27 / 2015)

United Kingdom Division, European Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Organizational Structure (Imperial Ordinance No. 258 of Meiji 31 / Final Amendment Imperial Ordinance No. 27 of Heisei 18) Summary

Article 1: The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall conduct diplomatic affairs relating to foreign countries, administer the protection of Imperial commerce in foreign countries, and manage matters related to Imperial subjects residing in foreign countries. They shall supervise diplomats and consular officials.

Article 2: The Minister's Secretariat shall handle matters related to foreign diplomats and consular officials stationed in the empire, foreign decorations, treaty document preservation, and document translation according to general regulations.

Article 4: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall establish the following nine bureaus:

- Foreign Policy Bureau

- Greater East Asia Affairs Bureau

- European Affairs Bureau

- North American Affairs Bureau

- Latin American Affairs Bureau

- Middle East and African Affairs Bureau

- Treaties Bureau

- International Information Bureau

- Consular Affairs Bureau

Article 5: The Greater East Asia Affairs Bureau shall handle diplomatic affairs concerning the Greater East Asian countries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 February 2675 (Heisei 27 / 2015), 16:00

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Japanese Empire has established nine bureaus besides the Minister's Secretariat. However, due to the transference to the New World, only five bureaus, namely the Foreign Policy Bureau, Greater East Asia Affairs Bureau, Treaties Bureau, International Information Bureau, and Consular Affairs Bureau, have continued their operations. Among them, the Greater East Asia Affairs Bureau has become busier in contrast to before the transition. With the Empire of Manchuria also transitioning, the Greater East Asia Affairs Bureau's Manchukuo Division, continued its operations unchanged. Additionally, since the location of the Principality of Qua-Toyne fell within the jurisdiction of the Greater East Asia Affairs Bureau on Earth, it continued to handle affairs in the bureau, while affairs regarding the nations on the Rodenius Continent were managed by the South Asia Division. Other bureaus were also engaged in investigating how to establish new treaties with the nations of the New World and analyzing information collected through diplomatic channels, striving in their new tasks although the world had changed.

As for the European, North American, Latin American, and Middle East and African Affairs Bureaus, their operations shrank as the corresponding nations ceased to exist. Of course, in Japan, which transitioned to the New World, there were numerous "foreigners" such as foreign diplomats and consular officials stranded in Japan, employees and families of Japanese companies stationed in Japan, short-term visitors for academic, artistic purposes, or mere tourists. For those who stayed long-term in Japan and had established their lives, the Imperial Government could address their needs by extending their residence permits indefinitely, namely through measures like extending work visas indefinitely. However, support for travelers without a base in Japan was mainly provided by the various embassies, consulates, and consulates general across Tokyo and other parts of Japan, although the support for livelihoods was far from adequate. Therefore, staff from each bureau would visit the embassies or legations of the countries they were responsible for to provide support.