Central Calendar Month 2 Year 1639 | →

Official Residence of the Prime Minister, Principality of Qua-Toyne

Central Calendar Day 1 Month 2 Year 1639, 13:00

Minutes of the Expanded Meeting Between the Foreign Ministers of Japan, Manchuria, and Qua-Toyne

Start Time: 30 January 2015

Location: Official Residence of the Prime Minister, Principality of Qua-Toyne

Attendees:

- Japanese Empire Minister of Foreign Affairs Marquis Yoshiteru Tokugawa

- Empire of Manchuria Minister of Foreign Affairs Naotsugu Moriyama

- Principality of Qua-Toyne Minister of Foreign Affairs Rinsui

- Kingdom of Quila's Ambassador to Qua-Toyne Nadir

- Principality of Qua-Toyne Prime Minister Kanata

Purpose of the Meeting

- Preliminary coordination for the establishment of diplomatic relations

Preparation of Minutes

- Ministry of Foreign Affairs First-Class Secretary Kazuhisa Tanaka

- Ministry of Foreign Affairs First-Class Secretary Taizō Ōmori

- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Secretary Junji Wada

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kanata: "It's truly rare for a joint meeting of four countries to take place in this manner. Unlike the Conference of the Great Orient Nations, the participating nations are not familiar with each other. However, I hope we can engage in active dialogue to get to know each other well."

Nadir: "Then, let me start. My name is Nadir, the ambassador to Qua-Toyne. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet with Mister Tanaka from Japan. As I listened to him, I became confused, and to be honest, I'm still trying to process everything. According to Mister Tanaka, he will be meeting with the foreign ministers of Japan and Manchuria. Both countries claim to come from another world and are said to be ignorant of the common knowledge of this world. On the other hand, we know nothing about Japan and Manchuria. Yesterday, I saw a glimpse of Japan's technology, and it's undoubtedly beyond what countries in the Third Civilization Area possess. Those countries are seeking dialogue. In that case, our nation is willing to engage in discussions."

Rinsui: "Then, please introduce yourselves from Japan's side."

Tokugawa: "Thank you for the invitation. I shall introduce myself. My name is Yoshiteru Tokugawa, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Japanese Empire. Our country has existed in our former world as a monarchy with Emperor as the sovereign, and its nominal foundation dates back to 2.675 years ago. The Constitution of the Japanese Empire is the supreme law of our country, which includes a pledge made by the Emperor three generations ago, stating that all important matters should be decided by public opinion, that is, through public discussions, rather than being determined secretly by a few individuals. Additionally, the constitution quotes a passage from the Seventeen-article Constitution, said to have been established 1,400 years ago by Prince Shōtoku, which includes the phrase 'harmony is to be valued.' 'Harmony' here refers to peace. Our country upholds peace as its principle and national policy. With regard to this transference to a New World, our old-world friends are only the Empire of Manchuria. We are seeking new encounters and friendships. Please get to know us, and we would also like to learn about you. That concludes my introduction."