02/02/2675, 12:00 - TV Tōzai Information Program: Cheer Up This Afternoon!!

TV Tōzai Information Program: Cheer Up This Afternoon!!

2 February 2675 (Heisei 27 / 2015), 12:00

February 2nd, another "Cheer Up This Afternoon!!" has begun. I am the moderator, Mitsuki Yazawa.

This is my assistant, Himeko Tanaka. Here is today's information lineup:

- Foreign Minister Tokugawa returns to Japan. What is the direction of future diplomatic activities?

- Will the Imperial Diet be reopened? The future of the Budget Committee deliberations.

- Formal decision by the Imperial General Headquarters to organize an army to be deployed to Manchuria. It is expected to be two divisions in size.

- Outline of the special economic stabilization subsidy is determined.

- Deliberation on whether to hold the Grand Sumo Spring Tournament as scheduled.

- Japan Professional Baseball League to proceed with today's scheduled camp-in.

- Central Horse Racing to carry out the February Stakes as planned on the 22nd.

(Yazawa) Today's commentators are as follows:

(Telop)

- Political commentator Mansai Takemoto

- Economic analyst Yoshiharu Yamai

- Tōzai Shimbun editorial writer Sakiko Yoshii

- Tokyo Imperial University (International Law), Faculty of Law Professor Jintarō Lee

- TV personality Junichi Takeda

- Former pro baseball player (Tokyo Imperial Giants first baseman) Daijirō Ōsawa

(Yazawa) First of all, let's start with the news from earlier today.

(Tanaka) Alright, yesterday, Foreign Minister Tokugawa, who departed for the Principality of Qua-Toyne for talks, completed the talks the same day and arrived at Haneda Airport at 9 o'clock night by an Army Air Corps transport plane. Afterward, the Minister returned to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and was interviewed by the waiting press in the entrance lobby.

(Yazawa) Here is the coverage of the interview.

(Video switches)

—Minister, pleased to meet you. How did you feel about the diplomatic negotiations?

(Tokugawa) Well, the response was good. I think the other country is thinking positively about establishing diplomatic relations with our country. Yes, I think so. Well, I'll let you know the details after I report to the Prime Minister.

—Minister, what were the leaders of the other country like?

(Tokugawa) Right, I had heard that they could speak Japanese, so I didn't feel as if I was talking to a foreigner. Their personalities are warm. It is not that they are difficult to talk to.

—Marquis, according to our research, the civilization of this world is quite low, like the Medieval era.

(Tokugawa) We are still not examined the information carefully. I can't go into details. However, I am sure that you already understand that this world is different from our original world.