𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

────────────────────

After the pool incident, Jiwoo had gone back to their room and got changed into the uniform that she was told to bring

After the pool incident, Jiwoo had gone back to their room and got changed into the uniform that she was told to bring. It felt a lot better to be out of damp clothes as in her eyes, there was nothing better than the feeling of nice clean clothes. There was the added bonus that these ones did not cling uncomfortably tight onto her body and make her feel like she was suffocating.

On her way to locate Yoonseo and Jungwon, to check the other girl was doing okay, she ran into Kyungjun. It went as most of their usual interactions normally went, a polite smile and a nod before they went their separate ways. Even if the other had wanted to talk to one another, he was with his friends and she had told him several times that she does not like him when he is around his friends.

She could recall one time they were working together to set up the classrooms for parents evening and he had asked why she always seemed to avoid him. Jiwoo had scoffed, organising the pile of marked books on the table. She told him she did not avoid him, she just did not want to speak to his friends, those were who she avoided.

Then, it was as if he was around a lot more, always by her side as she walked to class or if she was even walking home, he would ditch his friends and walk with her. She often wondered how someone could change so much, depending on who they were with at the time. The person she walked home with was not the same one that relentlessly teased their classmates, he was not the one who laughed along to his friend's jokes, he was someone else entirely.

Secretly she had wished that he was like that all the time and not just when he was with her but she knew she would be asking for a miracle.

Eventually, she had found the people she was looking for as they walked back towards their rooms. Apparently the others had apologised to Yoonseo, although Jiwoo refused to believe they were being sincere.

After clarification that her friend was actually doing okay and well, Jiwoo let the subject go and they attempted to change the conversation topic as they walked back to their room.

Once they arrived at the hallway where their rooms were, they noticed a lot of students were just hovering around and talking to one another. The class president sighed and stepped towards the various groups.

"Guys! Go inside and go to sleep." Junhee called out to the other students as they walked along the hallway where all their rooms were located. "Don't just hang out here."

Somin nodded along to what he had told them. "Yes, let's sleep for now, Junhee and I will go out tomorrow morning." She added happily, unaware of Jiwoo rolling her eyes from where she stood behind her.

Opting to ignore the smug girl, she purposefully clashed her shoulder against hers as she moved to go and speak to Yoonseo and Jungwon, who were walking ahead. Just as she made it to their side, a loud siren silenced everyone's conversations. Jiwoo thought the alarm was alike the one from that one horror movie, the purge.

It scared everyone to total silence as they attempted to figure out where it was coming from. A voice begun to speak over the intercom, happily contrasting with the situation. "The voting ends in one minute."

With that, there was chiming as everyone reached for their phones, noticing yet another message from the mafia game. It was a timer, counting down from sixty seconds.

This was growing more and more confusing by the second.

As soon as the timer stopped, the siren sounded once again, shortly followed by that same voice over the intercom. "The voting has ended."

"I'm sure everyone voted for him." A girl called out as she pointed at Heo Yool. "We know you did this."

The boy scoffed, shaking his head. "What are you talking about?" He called out angrily, before dropping his voice more quieter as he turned to his friends.

Jiwoo moved backwards slightly, glancing at her brother. "This entire game is so weird." She commented and he nodded silently.

The siren once again cut off the conversations. "Heo Yool, the one with the most votes, will be executed." The voice called out and Jiwoo glanced at her phone, noticing that another message had appeared.

Laughing made her lift her head towards the boy, noticing he was clutching his head as if he was in agony, hunched over. The others rolled their eyes, mumbling about how he was crying for attention once again but there was something about the scene that unsettled Jiwoo. He was crying out desperately while his friends merely laughed.

When he straightened up, he kept his hands over his ears but moved towards the walls on either side of them, crashing into them. He looked like he had been driven mad, stumbling against every surface around him. Once he finally stopped, he lifted his head and his entire eyes had gone milky white, there was no pupil, there was nothing, they were just empty.

Jiwoo grimaced, watching in horror as the boy collapsed to his knees, stumbling into a crawling position. With no second thoughts, the boy begun beating his head against the floor beneath him, blood splattering onto the shoes of those nearby. The movements were erratic and desperate and the students screamed in horror as they watched him.

People had tried to stop him but he just pushed them away. Jiwoo felt like she was paralysed, unable to move. From behind her, she felt a slight pull on her shirt as she was forced backwards and away from the crazed boy.

Kyungjun glanced at her for a second, checking she was far enough away from the boy before dropping his hold on her shirt and moving his eyes back to the scene.

When Yool was pulled off the ground, he paused momentarily, blood staining his face as he stared ahead. They allowed themselves to believe it was over and he was done before he suddenly spun on his heel and rushed towards the wall next to him. As his body collided with the wall, he crashed into a glass painting, sending the frame crashing to the ground. Everyone begun screaming once again as they watched him.

It was odd to say the least...

...what was going on, what had suddenly encouraged this reaction?

Jiwoo grimaced as he stood up, repeating the actions with the other wall. Suddenly, he charged through the crowd of students, forcing them to jump out of the way. He ran with determination before crashing through the window, dropping onto the ground below.

Nausea grew in Jiwoo's stomach as she took a step back, now she had her answer to what 'execution' had meant.

Once again that siren sounded and she bit her lip nervously. "Heo Yool was a civilian."

Junhee took a quick step towards his sister, latching his hand into hers as he glanced worriedly at her.

Before anyone could even question what was going on, a school alarm played and they were unable to fight against the pull that lured them into slumber.

Collapsing to the ground, the students were asleep, defenceless and aware that this was a lot more complex than they had once expected.

────────────────────
Words~1252.
{edited:no}