𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

────────────────────

Slamming his body weight against the door, Kyungjun attempted to break the door open but nothing happened, even after his repeated actions

Slamming his body weight against the door, Kyungjun attempted to break the door open but nothing happened, even after his repeated actions. He warned the boy on the other side to open the door but he did not relent, ignoring the demands.

No matter what he did, the door did not budge, effectively trapping the two like prey for the Mafia when night comes.

Jiwoo had taken a step back, letting out a harsh breath as she glanced around the room. When she had stumbled into the room, her phone had pressed against her hand and she had clicked accept on her vote. She had not even intended to vote for the boy, she had just considered it but now she had done it, hopefully that would be a signal for her brother tomorrow.

Just to be certain, she hurriedly searched the room for a pen while Kyungjun screamed insults at the door. Rummaging through the various drawers, she managed to locate a red biro and a piece of scrap paper. Folding it, she made an indent and ripped the paper in half. Writing the note, she faintly heard Kyungjun beating against the door and restrained a wince.

Finishing the note, she pulled off her phone case and slipped the, now folded, note inside, behind the Polaroid photo she always kept in there. Putting her case back on, she turned around and paused at the sight before her.

Kyungjun was for some reason shirtless, beating against the door with a chair he had managed to find.

Groaning the boy threw the chair to the side and dropped his body against the wall, massaging his temple. Jiwoo frowned and moved to sit beside him, mere centimetres apart. She rested her head against the wall and bit her lip, allowing their situation to truly dawn on her. There was no way they were making it out alive.

"He's going to kill us," Jiwoo mumbled, without even realising she had verbalised her thoughts, "can he even kill two people in one night?"

Kyungjun said nothing, running his hands through his hair as he let out a shaky breath, his chest rising and falling quickly. Jiwoo was attempting to keep her eyes on anything other than him.

"Voting is over. Kim Jinha who got the most votes will be executed."

The two waited anxiously and Jiwoo found her nail scraping against the skin around her nail, repeated actions to ease the suspense. She was not sure who initated it but her hand was intertwined with Kyungjun's, neither looking at the other as they awaited that hauntingly familiar siren.

"Kim Jinha was a Citizen."

Finally, their eyes met and they shared a look. They had somewhat realised that Jinha was framed, alike Kyungjun, but still, there was that potential that he had been the Mafia, or one of them. They were uncertain just how many there were, which made the game all the more daunting.

A choked laugh left Kyungjun's lips as he shook his head. "We're doomed."

Jiwoo glanced from the boy and to her lap, a million things on the tip of her tongue but she found herself unable to let them be vocalised.

Swallowing harshly, she turned back to the boy, forcing anything to come out. "Kyungjun," she spoke up, his eyes already trained on her, "I never got to thank you for never letting me walk home alone..."Jiwoo mentally cursed herself, of all things to talk about, why did she bring up the fact he insisted they walk home together?

Equally confused, Kyungjun furrowed his brows and sent her a quizzical look. However, when the undertones of her statement hit him, his face dropped and his eyes seemed to soften. He sent her a small smile and raised his hand, gently nudging her head to rest on his shoulder, knowing neither could truly vocalise their incessant thoughts.

Jiwoo felt a tear roll down her cheek as she relaxed against him.

Accepting what was to come, she listened to that school bell intoxicate her mind, signalling that night had come.

As her eyes drifted shut, she held onto the hope that perhaps what was to come would be better.

────────────────────

The door opened and in crept a smug Dabum leaning against the frame as he observed the two, side by side sitting against the wall. A laugh left his lips as he looked at their position, wondering what her brother would think when he saw how close they appeared.

Dabum never liked Jiwoo, believing the girl to be fake. Although he did have a crush on her when they were younger, something the others had teased him relentlessly for.

He was always nice to her, yet here she was, clearly fallen for someone who was horrible to everyone.

The same someone that had driven him to do what he was going to do.

Truthfully, or so he told himself, this was what was necessary, he had to do this to prevent the truth coming out.

It just so happened that Jiwoo was collateral.

Dabum had pieced together that Jiwoo was Police, he knew he needed to get rid of her before she told the others. As much as he wanted to spare her, he had no other choice, it was either her or him and he was not about to put someone else's life above his own.

He would not do that, no matter how much he liked them.

Stepping into the room, he approached the two, laughter spilling from his lips at the irony of it all.

Once he was in front of them, he crouched down, pushing Jiwoo's head from Kyungjun's shoulder with a childish shove. With her head resting against the wall, he grabbed Kyungjun's body and moved it away from all the storage they were sat with.

Dabum decided he would start with Kyungjun, so he could take his time.

Jiwoo would go quick, this would be her punishment, being present while he kills the one she favours, unable to do a single thing to stop him.

────────────────────
Words~1013.
{edited:no}

Note: there are still two more chapters and an epilogue but they're dead yayyyy!!!!