𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲

────────────────────

Opening her eyes, Yoonseo grimaced at the light that attacked her

Opening her eyes, Yoonseo grimaced at the light that attacked her. Confused and exhausted, she attempted to understand what was happening to her, where she was and what was going on. She awoke in an odd futuristic looking room, filled with the rest of her classmates and various computers around them.

Once she stood up, she caught sight of two unknown people and she was barely able to comprehend what she was told.

Yoonseo could not focus, her eyes shifting from the motionless bodies of her classmates, who had been placed into what appeared to be tubes. As the two people spoke to her, she flickered her eyes from her classmates and to the large screens in front of her, unable to comprehend everything all at once.

The girl felt nauseous and dizzy, clutching onto the desk beside her to steady herself. Everything in her life had suddenly shifted and she was unable to keep up with all these different plot twists hitting her at once.

As the two people introduced themselves, she found her dread increasing, listening to their explanations as best as she could despite the ringing in her ears and the pounding in her head.

Yoonseo could understand who they were, what they had done but the why was still lingering on her tongue as she shuffled towards them, her body growing more and more exhausted.

Following them towards the screens, she listened as they detailed the torment that their daughter had faced at the hands of her classmates, bitterly glancing towards certain students when they mentioned them. When they got to how they found out, their eyes shifted towards the screen.

From where Seeun's father was sat at the desk, he pressed onto someone and the a screen seemed to zoom into certain details of a student and the games they had played.

Kim Jiwoo.

Glancing at the screen before her, Yoonseo found her eyes diverted to one of the scenes that was flickering between various different games. They seemed focused on Jiwoo and Kyungjun, shifting between moments the two shared. There were longing glances as the others discussed plans at the start of the games, the various arguments alike the ones she had seen in the prior game. Then the scenes shifted, it was them alone, they were talking, laughing.

Shifting again, there was a fleeting kiss and then hurt glances as Jiwoo attempted to avoid his eye. Once again, the scene changed and Yoonseo caught sight of the various ways that her friend had died. A tear had escaped her eye and had begun rolling down her cheek as she watched the scenes, unable to discern that this was not real.

Flashing her eyes towards the pods that her classmates were being kept in, Yoonseo found her eyes landing on Jiwoo's. The girl had her brows furrowed, as if she was in pain and her hands were shaking slightly.

Jiwoo had lived through that, experienced all that pain and heartbreak, all because she liked the wrong boy.

Some of the students in the games were somewhat explainable, but Yoonseo could not understand their reasoning for some others. She tried to think of a way to convince Seeun's parents of this but her mind went blank.

Moving away from her tortured friend, Yoonseo looked at Seeun's mother, noticing the woman was seething in her rage.

"Why?" Was all Yoonseo could manage to mumble, uncertain where she was coming from with her hatred of the girl.

A bitter laugh left Seeun's mother's mouth. "She told us about the bullying, came to us presenting herself as a concerned friend who was worried about the wellbeing of her friend. That girl is nothing but a hypocrite, she did not care for our daughter, she only cared about herself and what she wanted." The woman announced, diverting her attention to the floor as she clenched her jaw. "She proved that in the game when she changed nothing!"

"Jiwoo loved Seeun, she was always defending her." Yoonseo attempted to defend her friend, shaking her head as she spoke through sobs.

"And yet she treat the murderers with the same amount of care. Jiwoo was heartless, she did not care and for that she will stay in the game. You'll all stay in the game, for eternity." Seeun's mother snapped harshly, her voice vibrating off the walls. It was loud and it made Yoonseo flinch back.

Yoonseo felt her knees go weak as her words repeated over and over again.

Stay in the games.

For eternity.

────────────────────
Words~759.
{edited:no}