𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

────────────────────

Morning came and the students had begun to wake up, groaning tiredly as they stretched out their limbs from the uncomfortable position they had slept in

Morning came and the students had begun to wake up, groaning tiredly as they stretched out their limbs from the uncomfortable position they had slept in. Everyone had separated before nightfall, needing to hide from the Mafia that chose their victims when the others were at their most defenceless — when they were sleeping.

On the rooftop, one of these students awoke, glancing around the vacant rooftop to discover that he had survived another day. Junhee grimaced as he pulled himself to his feet, about to head to meet with the others when he paused, his phone buzzing in his pocket. The usual voice echoed from the speakers, announcing the victim of the night.

"During the night, Ko Kyungjun and Kim Jiwoo were executed by the Mafia. Ko Kyungjun was a Citizen. Kim Jiwoo was the Police. All participants, identify the Mafia and begin to vote."

Junhee froze, his fingers wrapped on the edge of the wall as he processed what he had just been told, certain it was just a nightmare. There was no way his sister had been executed, this was not happening.

Moving before his mind could comprehend his actions, he found himself running through the corridors, attempting to desperately discover where his sister's body lay. He needed physical proof this had happened, he needed to be certain he was not dreaming.

So, he ran and searched every open room, barging into the locked ones.

Every door he opened he felt himself grow more and more nauseous, finding no sign of his sister. Junhee fought back the tears threatening to spill and continued, refusing to give up until he found her.

And then he did.

Opening one of the doors to a storage room, he knew it was this room before he even saw her body. Blood was splattered on every wall, every surface, the Mafia did not spare them kindness when they killed them. Following the trail of blood, he found Kyungjun, carelessly sprawled across the floor, bathed in his own blood.

Diverting his eyes from the boy, Junhee felt himself break at the sight before him.

Propped against the wall, she was positioned to be directly in front of Kyungjun, her head resting as if she had fallen asleep against the wall. Junhee thought she looked oddly peaceful, there was no indication that she had been doing anything but sleeping.

As his eyes lowered, he noticed her hand resting against her stomach, which was layered with what appeared to be her own blood.

That was when he saw the cut to her shirt, blood seeping into the cotton.

Seeing the wound was all it took for Junhee to shatter, realisation setting on him that his sister would not be coming back. She was truly gone and he could not bring her back, no matter how hard he pleaded, no matter the desperation he held.

Jiwoo was dead and he did not even get to say goodbye.

Unable to hold himself up, the boy collapsed, his knees hitting the floor beneath him. He was unbothered about the blood that was coating the surface, all he could do was mumble desperate pleads to bring back his sister as he sobbed.

────────────────────

When the sobs had finally stopped, no more tears able to flow, Junhee stared at his sister with a numb expression. He held tightly onto her cold hand, wishing she would just squeeze his back, telling him it was all just a joke.

That never came and he knew he was foolish for even thinking it could be a possibility.

Junhee just wanted his sister, he wanted Jiwoo to remind him he had a reason to keep going.

Her words echoed in his mind as he thought of his own temporary execution, how she had told him never to leave her.

Yet, Jiwoo had left Junhee.

Glancing from her hand, he found her phone, carelessly thrown near her.

Reaching out, he grabbed it and turned it around, his eyes landing on the polaroid in the back of her phone case. In the polaroid, it showed an unfamiliar girl, who Junhee desperately tried to recognise but he could not, Jiwoo and then beside her there was Yoonseo and himself, all smiling widely into the camera lens.

It had been after one of her dance shows and they were all backstage to congratulate her. Glitter was on her face and there were similar details on the other two girl's faces, something they always did to support her. He could recall how excited and nervous they had all been for her, knowing she would do great no matter what.

Their anxiety, however, was nothing compared to Jiwoo's, who had been pacing backstage before their performance. To calm her down they had done their makeup and face decorations, an attempt to ease the feeling of dread. Junhee had participated as well, allowing Yoonseo to draw a sparkly heart on the back of his hand, a small way of supporting his sister.

It had made Jiwoo smile so that was enough.

Even if it had taken weeks to fully get rid of the glitter that he would somehow find everywhere.

Snapping from the memory, he furrowed his brows as he glanced down at her phone case again, noticing a folded piece of paper tucked under the polaroid. Curious, he snapped back the clear phone case and slipped the polaroid and the paper into his palm. Pocketing the polaroid, he unfolded the paper.

Junhee, if you're reading this I'm dead and I did not get to give you my message. I know the identity of one of the Mafias.

I checked the roles and it's Jin Dabum, he framed Jinha and Kyungjun.

If you're reading this, he realised that I know and chose me to be executed throughout the night.

Junhee scowled as he looked at her note, Dabum was the Mafia, he had ruthlessly killed his sister.

Noticing that there was writing on the back, he turned the paper around, her small scribbles leaving yet another message.

I hope you're not reading this still because I'm about to get disgustingly vulnerable with you.

Please don't blame yourself, you could not protect me and it should not be your responsibility, none of this should've been put onto you.

I've enjoyed being your sister, even when you piss me off.

I love you, Junhee, I don't tell you this often and I probably should have told you it more.

— Jiwoo

────────────────────
Words~1079.
{edited:no}