Chapter 38

I'm scared. I'm scared, mom. He'll kill us. Me and Kai. He takes out his anger on us. He is a fcuking ruthless. He has fucking lost it. I can't. How were you this strong? I can't survive him, mom. He is a fucking monster on loose.

Yesterday, he had raped a girl Kai had eyes on. Kai genuinely liked her. She was pretty, a year younger than Kai. He fucking raped her. Right in front of Kai.

How can someone be so fucking ruthless. Kai is his son. I can't fucking believe he is our father. You wouldn't even believe mom, Kai has lost the ability to cry. He didn't shred a single tear. Like not a single fucking tear.

He has stopped feeling mom. And I have a feeling, it's not for the good.
_______________

Adrik :

" She'll be alright," Jeremy said, as he made me sit on a chair.

It's been fucking two hours. She has not come back into consciousness yet. I close my eyes, running my fingers through my hair taking in a deep breath.

The doctor is constantly saying it is due to weakness, but fuck weekness. She has been eating regularly, that too healthy and even exercising. These doctors don't fucking know how to do their job. They can't clearly do it.

I swear to fucking god, if something happens to her and that's it. I'll fucking unleash the world.

I do not care about anything except her. If something happens to her, I'll fucking kill all these doctors along with their family members.

"They're testing my patience," I growled at Jeremy, pushing open the door to Grace's room.

My strides were purposeful, fueled by a mixture of dread and fury as I confronted the doctor, seizing him by the collar and forcing him to meet my gaze. He quivered under my grip, but I couldn't care any less.

The only thing I care about right now is her waking up. That's it.

I see a nurse come behind me, a tremor of fear running through her. She should be terrified. Terrified of my wrath. My wrath knows no fucking limits.

And when it comes to her, my wife, I can go above and beyond the world to fucking protect her.

" I am telling you again, if something happens to my wife, you all are gone for your life," I declare with venom dripping in my voice, my rage burning hot upon my face.

" M- Mr. Volkov, Mrs. Volkov is p-pregnant," the doctor stammered like a scared cat.

Fuck.

She is pregnant.

My wife is pregnant.

She is going to become a mom. I am going to become a dad.

Fuck.

" When will she wake up?" I asked him in a bland voice, I'll be excited in front of my wife, not in front of these fucked up people.

"Adrik," I heard Grace murmur, her voice barely audible as she slowly opened her eyes, attempting to sit up on the bed.

"Luna, you okay?" I rushed to her side, concern flooding my voice as I brushed her hair from her face and tied it back with her hair tie, a small gesture she had made me do yesterday because a fictional man had done that. But right now, I was done with those fictional men.

"Little one, oh my god, you're alive," Jeremy exclaimed with palpable excitement as he entered the room.

"Oh my god, Grace, what happened to you?" Kiara followed right after Jeremy, enveloping Grace in a tight embrace before I could even reach her.