Chapter 33

230+ Votes! 

----NOTE----

Hey, dear readers, I apologize for the delayed update and thank you all for the patience and support!

Please encourage me with your comments and insights!

----NOTE ENDS---

RAELYNN

{From a few hours ago}

Sitting in Liam's garage, at an hour short from midnight, I was conversing with him about some random matters while he was simultaneously engrossed in cleaning his tools and packing them up for the day.

It's been half an hour since I came here and ever since, I updated him on the current status of my company and he instructed me on coming to training yet again once my arm is completely healed.

"You seem to be returning from a party.", Liam commented after a brief silence, still indulged in his work.

"Yeah.", I replied calmly.

He hummed in response.

I don't want Liam to know about the danger looming over me presently. I can't afford to get him involved, knowing he won't sit quiet once he knows about it.

"I've been hearing some interesting things about Vincent Marino lately from the guys I meet in the cafe down the street.", Liam stated in a casual tone.

My brows furrowed faintly at that.

"What things?", I asked calmly.

"Nothing serious.", he waved it off.

"What did you hear?", I probed again.

"You sound curious.", he pointed out, busily wiping his tools, his back facing me.

"I'm not. You were the one who started the topic and I just don't want to leave it hanging.", I replied indifferently, composing myself.

I need to be careful.

"The guys were talking about how Vincent Marino is a terrible womanizer. Apparently, he uses them for his needs and tosses them away like trash when he-", Liam was saying in a neutral tone, but I cut him off.

"That's not true!", I intervened immediately, feeling a sudden surge of fury within me.

"It's highly possible, considering his line of work. They also went on about how he might be planning to eliminate his brothers to prevent any future rebellion or challenge to his authority. The guy may not hesitate to kill his own blood for absolute reign over the inheritance.", Liam continued.

My brows furrowed deeply in anger and my palms fisted tightly.

"That's bullsh*t! Vincent would never let anyone harm his siblings, let alone himself. He'd rather give it all up to them than -", I was saying furiously, but froze midway when Liam turned around and looked me straight in the eyes.

Shoot!

I spoke on impulse.

Liam looked me straight in the eyes, his gaze stern.

Pursing my lips, I looked away, feeling reprimanded after a long time since I first met him.

"This is the first time I'm hearing you defend someone. And surprisingly, that someone is involved neck deep in shady businesses.", Liam stated in a neutral tone.