Chapter 21

170+ Votes!

---------NOTE--------

Hey, dear readers!

So, I realized that a lot of you have been confused about the update schedule.

Hence, I'm clarifying it.

The update schedule : Monday and Friday. (If the vote target is done.)

Enjoy reading!

---------NOTE ENDS-------

RAELYNN

I limped towards my car hurriedly, but when I was just a foot away, I felt a bullet piercing through my flesh, blood splattering on the car.

I fell to my knees at the sharp pain and the sudden impact that caused my sprained foot to lose balance.

As I turned around to gauge the situation, I found the man who had shot at me lying on the ground, groaning in pain, clutching his hand.

My face contorted into a pained frown as my sight fell on a few guys who seemed to be trying to figure out the incident.

Cops?

They weren't in uniforms though.

I scooted back to my car slowly, trying not to grab their attention.

I don't know if they're cops or not, so it's better to leave as quickly as possible.

With a sprained ankle and a shot upper arm?

My brain mocked me.

"Are you alright, Miss?", one of the men asked loudly, walking to me briskly.

Cr*p!

I clutched the knife in my hand hard, on alert, ready to swing it if the need arises.

The moment he was a few feet away from me, he halted.

"She's shot.", he declared loudly, turning a little to the side.

Another man, who until now had been standing aloof, walked to me.

"Who are you? What's your name?", he asked firmly.

"Who are you?", I asked suspiciously.

"We're not obliged to answer your questions.", he replied sternly.

"I'm not obliged to answer your questions either.", I replied, equally stern.

He appeared taken aback at my reply.

"You don't have a choice, but to answer, woman. I advise you cooperate with us.", he warned firmly.

"And what if I don't?", I challenged, looking him in the eyes.

He frowned, confused.

What's he confused about?

"You better -", he was saying, but I cut him off.

"Stop threatening, instead ask what you want to.", I said flatly, annoyed at his futile attempts to intimidate me.

The guy thinks he can scare me off with violence when I've been through a fate worse than death.

Fool.

His frown deepened.

"Are you drunk?", he asked rudely.