Chapter 25

190+ Votes!

RAELYNN

Sleep was far from my eyes the whole night.

The moment I closed my eyes, it reminded me of the proximity of his face and the way my lips slightly grazed his.

After a long while, I turned to his side slowly to see if he was still awake, but I could not see since he was sleeping on his side with his back facing me.

Unable to fall asleep, I tossed and turned around a little, making sure not to make any sound and make this awkward situation even more awkward.

After thinking about it over and again, I realized this was my fault.

I need to apologize.

If the positions were reversed, maybe I would have reacted in a much more violent way. I'm grateful he didn't say anything, but that doesn't mean I can take his silence for granted. I'll make sure to apologize as soon as I get a chance.

The hours passed by quickly with me not catching even a wink of sleep.

Early in the morning, when it was still fairly dark outside, Vincent woke up to a small ticking sound in his mobile. He informed me to get changed and wait for him in my room.

He was talking as usual, but I could still feel the awkwardness.

The next few hours passed away with Cavin driving him and me to a few blocks close to my house and taking advantage of the dark, Vincent sneaked me into my own villa and left silently.

I completed my morning routine and got ready to leave for my office as ever.

Firstly, since Vincent sneaked me out of my house without anyone noticing, the stalkers would be thinking that I stayed in my house for the past two days out of fear of being attacked again.

Second, as he advised, I first visited the police and lodged a complaint on suspected stalking. This, according to him, would portray an impression to those stalking me that I am not asking the Marinos for help and just like any other civilian, I have gone to the police. This would be the first strike against the rumor that Vincent and I are in a relationship.

I, then, informed Mr. Brown and a few board members that I am being stalked and that the police suggested I try to be indoors as much as possible since the stalkers seem to be violent and the motto is still unknown. This would enable me to work from home for the maximum days in a week, preventing the need to sneak into my villa frequently so as to avoid any suspicion in the view of the stalkers.

Even after doing all this, there's a possibility of someone breaking into my villa.

Unlike in the entertainment industry, the rumors in the mafia do not start or end too quickly. A rumor in the mafia starts only when there's a legit reason or incident to support it. And the rumor ends only if there's something strong to prove it wrong.

In our case, the enemies who attacked Vincent on that hill top saw both of us falling down the cliff to the river together. Much to our dismay, they assumed he jumped off the cliff for me. That's exactly why the rumor that he and I are involved in a serious relationship is being considered so seriously.

Until unless we are on alert and make sure to dissolve that rumor, I will continue to be in danger in my own house.

And that's exactly why I still need to go back to the Marino mansion.

Clicking my tongue in irritation, I tried to focus on my work.

Sitting in my cabin, I was working on all that I had missed in the past two days.