Chapter 11

-------------*-------------

Note : Refer this pic to understand the description.

Note 2 : My drawing is terrible, so please adjust. 🥺

Green part : Forest    Blue part : River   Black part : Hilly forest

-------------*-------------

RAELYNN

"GET DOWN.", Mr. Marino's deep voice echoed in the air.

I was lying on the hard ground, balancing myself on my elbows and frozen to my place.

What in the hell is happening?

The continuous bullet sounds filled my ears, jolting up my instincts.

As I looked up, I saw Mr. Marino fish out a gun that was tucked on the inside of his suit and started firing in the direction the bullets were raining from.

All his guards had started shooting too.

I saw one of his men standing in front of my secretary, Mr. Brown, shielding him from the gunshots.

"Move back. Run back.", Mr. Marino instructed loudly, ducking down a little to dodge the bullets.

He looked at me for a split second and moved closer, blocking me from getting wounded.

"Run, Ms. Baker.", he ordered firmly, his eyes fixed straight ahead.

Realizing the situation at his firm tone, I drew my legs closer and knelt, ready to run.

"Go.", he ordered loud enough for the other associates to hear too.

I bolted at his signal and looked to the right and left, checking if the other employees had started running too.

"Faster. Run back.", I shouted.

"Don't disperse! Run in my direction!", one of Mr. Marino's guards yelled, waving his hand, running ahead of us.

We were a few feet away from the base of a lush green hill. Running into the green forest was safer at the moment.

I looked at the younger and middle aged employees catching up, but Mr. Brown, who was in his fifties, seemed to be having difficulty running all of a sudden, especially dodging the trees.

Ducking down a little to avoid any injuries, I sprinted sideways towards Mr. Brown, from between the tall trees.

As I reached him, I held his wrist, trying to support his losing balance.

"It's okay, I've got you.", I said hastily.

He nodded a little, breathing heavily, his eyes fluttering at the exhaustion.