Chapter 41

260+ Votes!

-----NOTE---

Hey, dear readers! I apologize for the late update.

Thank your for your patience and support!

----NOTE ENDS----

THIRD PERSON POV

{10 years ago}

The morning was humid with the sun shining brighter than ever.

People around were hurrying to their offices and schools just like every other routine Friday morning, more enthusiastic than any other day in the week, eagerly waiting for the weekend.

It was one such routine morning in the Baker household.

Situated in an upper middle class community, the house was more than big for three with a great garden surrounding the house on the three sides.

The open kitchen with a connected dining area was as noisy as ever with the only child of the house eager to persuade her mother.

"Mom, can I go to the house party of one of my friends this evening?", a 16-year old Raelynn asked her mother sweetly.

Grace, Raelynn's mother, was a middle aged woman with brown eyes, short chestnut brown hair reaching up to her shoulder blades, slightly taller than the average woman, lean and fit and an ever active person.

She was making breakfast for her daughter, who took extra care to wake up early so as to get enough time to request whatever she wanted at the moment.

"Mom", Raelynn whined.

"I heard you, hon.", Grace said calmly, setting the plates for the three of them.

"So, can I go?", Raelynn asked eagerly.

"I don't remember giving you permission.", Grace dismissed.

At that moment, Ryan Baker, Raelynn's father, entered the dining room.

He was a tall man with dark brown hair and amber eyes.

Raelynn smiled way too sweetly at her father, making him raise a brow at her.

"Dad", she greeted cheerfully.

"Well, what does her highness want now?", Ryan asked, taking a seat at the table, beside Raelynn.

"A classmate of mine invited me over to a house party. I want to go, dad, but mom is reluctant.", Raelynn said, half complaining about her mother.

Ryan raised a brow and looked at his wife who looked busy sorting out the breakfast for them.

"Gra-", Ryan was just starting to say something, but stopped when his wife gave him a sharp glare.

He looked at his daughter with raised hands, accepting defeat.

"Dad!", Raelynn whined, exasperated.

Ryan sighed, having been put in a tight spot.

He looked at his wife and mustered the courage. He was not at all looking forward to sleeping in the guest room for a few days.

"Grace, love, I think it's okay to send Rae to this house party.", Ryan said gently.

"No, it's not.", Grace replied seriously.