Chapter 45

270+ Votes!

------NOTE----

Hey, dearest readers!

Why aren't you commenting? 😗
(Those of you who are commenting regularly, thanks a lot! 😊)

Anyway, if you give me loads and loads of comments for this chapter, I'm going to give you a special update on Wednesday. 😌

Only if you comment and finish the target of course! 😤

Enjoy reading!!!

-----NOTE ENDS----

RAELYNN

{From a few hours ago}

The evening sky slowly darkened as the sun was gradually retiring for the day, bringing closer the appointment time for the board meeting.

The press conference had gone by without any hitch, yet the reactions and narratives of the people will take time to break out.

I, however, was least bothered about people's reaction and was more focused about meeting the directors in a few minutes from now.

Sitting in my cabin, I pondered over the prevailing situation keenly.

A sudden knock at the door grabbed my attention and I permitted the person to walk in.

My secretary, Mr. Brown, walked in calmly with a greeting.

"Ma'am, some of the business elites have posted their statements regarding today's press conference.", he informed me.

Curious, I slightly leaned forward, resting my elbows on the table, and nodded to continue.

"The first one to react is the Reece Corporation's President, Mrs. Katherina Reece. She posted a statement favoring you, ma'am.", he stated.

"Can you please read it out, Mr. Brown?", I requested him calmly.

Nodding, he scrolled through his tablet for a brief moment.

'Raelynn Baker has been a very close acquaintance of mine through the past two years and hearing her interview today has increased my admiration towards her for her show of strength and composure in a difficult situation as such. I applaud her for her courage and look forward to working with her further in spreading awareness and extending help to those in need.'

Mrs. Reece has always been a very broad minded person, but for her to react first about this positively is commendable and I genuinely appreciate her support.

"Several other humanitarian workers and some stars from the entertainment industry have also posted statements in your favor, ma'am.", Mr. Brown said.

I gave him a curt nod and he walked away, leaving me alone in my own thoughts.

It's good that all these people are being supportive, but they hardly make up one percent of the population.

I'm very sure that there are going to be a lot of posts trying to vilify or taunt me and there are going to be several others that commend me.

Either of those factions do not bother me in the slightest, but this sudden commotion would definitely have an affect on my position in the company. I'm not yet aware of what my employees are thinking about all this.