Chapter 26

190+ Votes!

VINCENT

"ENOUGH.", I intervened sternly.

Standing at the entrance of the living room, a few feet behind Ren, I looked at my father stoically as the room went utterly quiet for a brief moment.

As Ren turned around, my gaze drifted down to her stoic face, her eyes looking at me sharply.

It was evident she's displeased.

I don't know what they were arguing about as I've just stepped in, but one look at her eyes and I knew she was extremely angry and the reason is my father.

"What is that woman doing in our house, Vince?", my father's stern tone grabbed my attention back to him.

"She's my guest.", I replied curtly.

"And you expect me to believe that?", he asked sharply, his eyes swirling with anger.

"I cannot change a fact to make it believable.", I stated calmly.

"You can lie as you want now, but don't forget our status and reputation. Whoever that woman is, she does not match our standard.", he said sternly, his gaze piercing mine.

Ren was going to turn to him to retort, but stopped when I spoke up.

"I'm afraid it's us who would not reach her standard, dad.", I replied firmly, looking him in the eyes.

In my peripheral view, I could see Ren looking up at me, taken aback.

Before my father could continue the argument, I beat him to it.

"Let's go talk in my study.", I stated stoically, leaving no room for argument.

Clenching his jaw, he nodded curtly.

Turning around, I started walking away, signaling Theo to handle my siblings.

As soon as my father and I reached my study, I closed the door behind.

Sitting on my chair, behind the large table, I looked at my father, who was sitting opposite to me on the other side of the table.

He was evidently furious, but he did not speak up immediately, letting some tense silence prevail.

I waited patiently, leaning back in my chair.

"Did you ask your nonna to apologize to Angelina?", he asked, his tone laced with evident anger.

"She herself proposed it.", I replied calmly.

"And you let her do it?", he questioned, his tone displeased.

"I neither asked her to do something, nor did I stop her from acting out on her whims. Whatever she did, she did it on her own will.", I answered in a neutral tone.

He clenched his jaw tightly in anger.

"What about the lady she introduced to you?", he asked, changing the topic.

"I've already said 'no' before and I stand by it.", I replied.

"What's not good about her? Her family has been loyal to us from the very beginning and she herself seems to be a good person who can blend into our family easily.", he stated in a neutral tone.

"Those reasons aren't remotely enough to say 'yes'.", I replied calmly, my face stoic, eyes fixed on him.

"But those reasons are enough not to say 'no'.", he countered.

"I've met her already and I'm not interested. It's an unambiguous answer. I don't understand your fixation on this alliance. Is there something nonna is hiding?", I asked.