Episode 13: M is for Maintenance Spanking

How on earth do you keep three very active, very hyper, and very naughty kids in line and behaving during covid 19? That was a question that Matilda Jones had to ask herself nearly every single day of the pandemic. Now that going to the park, sporting arenas, soccer fields, just being outside in general was off the table for the most part. Matilda was a single momma for three lovely kids, her oldest daughter Jessica, or Jessie for short, was 13 years old. Her oldest son Kyle was 11 years old, and her youngest daughter, little Julie was only 7 years old. They had lost their father when Julie was a year old, so that took a lot of getting used to.

She loved her children more than life itself, but sometimes they were a bit too much. The idea of staying inside all day was not helping matters that much as well. She swore that the idea of staying inside was making their behaviors all just worse and worse, without a proper way to get out all of that energy. They had no choice but to watch movies, play with each other, but with the older kids not wanting to play little kiddy games. And the youngest not being that good at older games. It led to a lot of arguments, fighting, crying, and tantrums. The common call of trouble was the single word. "Mom!" was giving the single mother nightmares sometimes. Matilda had given more spankings in the first few weeks of covid than she could remember giving from all the way back before covid. It was not like it was not a common punishment in her household, however it had gone up clearly. As her kids seemed to forget the indoor rules, trying to bring in what she had called outdoor rules.

She didn't have a backyard, they lived in a pretty big apartment. She couldn't always be there to help or help make games for them all or keep peace, not since her boss discovered zoom and decided to make everyone get it so they can keep working online. It was not becoming a good thing, so when she had brought it up to a coworker over the phone. The woman had suggested an idea that had completely helped and changed things at home. The idea was to start giving what was called maintenance spankings? The idea was simple, every Sunday night. She would go to each one of her children's room and administer a mild spanking over their underwear, or if they had gotten any spankings that week on their bare bottom. A small reminder to keep them behaved, and good, or they could expect a much harder spanking. It was also a good way to talk to them, and make some plans for the week.

Now at first it went as well as one could imagine, her oldest daughter's main concern was the idea of being spanked even if they had not done anything wrong. Her son thought that maybe the idea of a maintenance spanking was a punishment for them being too bad so they were gonna get it every day, until she explained it would only be on Sunday nights. Her little girl was a bit teary eyed, more because she thought that momma was really mad at all of them. Nothing, a hug, and a much simpler explanation could not fix. The first Sunday had gone quite well, her oldest kids seeing that it was not that bad of a spanking, her little one coming out a bit teary eyed but it was nothing too bad. She had to admit that after so far five weeks of doing this, spankings were going down much more in her house. It still happened but it seemed the remembrance of the mild spanking they had gotten Sunday night, seemed to get them to behave more.

Sunday night had rolled upon them once more. As Matilda put down her newest book and looked at the clock, it was going on eight o'clock at night. So it was about time to start her usual Sunday routine. Starting with her youngest daughter, Julie. It was always best to get her's finished, cause their after spanking cuddle usually turned into rocking her and tucking her into bed. As she entered her youngest room, her little one was not on her bed or playing on the floor, rather she was hiding underneath her bed. Her little feet sticking out from underneath, as she had not quite understood the idea that just because Julie couldn't see anyone, didn't quite mean that they could not see her.

"Julie," she began sitting down on the floor beside the feet of her daughter. "Come on, sweetie, the sooner we get this done, the sooner we can get you to bed, and sleeping."