A New Quest

Lucas led me to the big house, since they'd just gotten back.

Lucas: Okay, so... don't freak out.  Bianca joined the Hunters.

YN: Um... okay?  Why would I freak out?

Lucas shrugged and opened the door, just in time for me to hear this.

Nico: No way!  You're... you're the wine dude!

I tried not to burst out laughing as Mr. D looked outraged.

Mr. D: The wine dude?

Nico: Dionysus, right?  I've got your figurine!

Chiron: Ah, YN, you're here.  You, Percy and Thalia go down to the cabins.  Inform the campers we'll be playing capture the flag tomorrow evening.

YN: Capture the flag?  Sarah and Annabeth are missing, and you want to play Capture the Flag?

 Chiron: It is a tradition.  A friendly match, whenever the Hunters visit.

Thalia: Yeah.  I bet it's real friendly.

Chiron jerked his head toward Mr. D, who was still frowning as Nico talked about how many defense points all the gods had in his game.

Chiron: Run along now.

We left the Big House, stopping by the armory and looking out across the valley, toward the top of Half-Blood Hill.  Thalia's pine tree was still there, the Golden Fleece glittering in its lowest branch.  The tree's magic still protected the borders of camp, but it no longer used Thalia's spirit for power.

YN: You know what?  Fuck it.  I'm going to get them back.

Thalia grabbed my shoulder.

Thalia: YN... I know how you feel.  But we can't rush out of here without a plan, let alone help.

YN: Fine.  You guys go do what Chiron asked.  I'm gonna talk to him.

Without waiting for an answer, I walked back to the big house, walking inside where I found Zoe and Chiron talking.

YN: Zoe, you're here, good.

They turned to me.

YN: Chiron.  I'm calling for a quest.

TIMESKIP

Zoe, Bianca, Thalia, Grover, and I stood at the top of the hill.

Thalia: Tell me the prophecy again?

Zoe: "Seven shall go west to the goddess in chains, one shall be lost in the land without rain, the bane of Olympus shows the trail, campers and Hunters combined prevail, the Titan's curse must one withstand, and one shall perish by a parent's hand".

Bianca: So we go west.  That's all we know.

Zoe: There's more.  Lady Artemis should have sent us a message by now.  In addition to that, I had a dream last night.  She's in trouble.

YN: The goddess in chains... it's gotta be her, right?  Then again, that would be the first time a prophecy ever meant what we thought.

Zoe: Regardless, we need to follow her trail.  She told me she was going to Washington DC first.

YN: Then that's where we'll start.

TIMESKIP (SINCE WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO DC)

We were walking through the Air and Space Museum.  I feel bad.  I know Percy wanted to come, but I didn't want to argue with Zoe.  She was hesitant to let me come.  I wasn't going to push her any further and risk being kicked out.  And besides, knowing Percy, he'll catch up.  Hey, there he is.  And Lucas is with him.