Welcome To Camp Jupiter

3RD PERSON POV

Hazel led Percy to a black crypt built into the side of the hill.  Standing in front was a teenage boy in black jeans and an aviator jacket and next to him was a boy in a black hoodie with a cartoon grim reaper on it, and four big black wings with some purple feathers sticking out of his back.

Hazel: Hey.  I've brought a friend.

The boys turned.  Percy had another one of those weird flashes, like these were people he should know.  The first kid was almost as pale as Octavian, but with dark eyes and messy black hair.  He didn't look anything like Hazel.  He wore a silver skull ring, a chain for a belt and a black t-shirt with skull designs.  At his side hung a pure black sword.  The other boy had his hoodie, baggy pants, and a chain with a gold lock hanging around his neck.  He also had a gold ring on his finger.  Hazel had asked him about it, and he claimed it was an engagement ring.  His fiancé was a daughter of Mars, but Hazel kinda thought he was making it up.  For a microsecond when he saw Percy, the first boy seemed shocked, panicked even, like he'd been caught in a searchlight.  The other boy started choking on a sip of water.

Hazel: This is Percy Jackson.  He's a good guy.  Percy, this is my brother, the son of Pluto and this is my friend YN, son of Thanatos.

The shorter boy regained his composure and held out his hand.

Nico: Pleased to meet you.  I'm Nico di Angelo.

YN: Uh, YN Ernten.

Hazel felt like she'd just introduced three nuclear bombs.  Now she was waiting to see which one exploded first.  Until that morning, YN had been the most powerful demigod she knew, and Nico was a close second.  The others at Camp Jupiter saw Nico as a travelling oddball, about as harmless as the fauns.  Hazel knew better.  She hadn't grown up with Nico, hadn't even known him very long.  But she knew Nico was more dangerous than Reyna, or Octavian, or maybe even Jason.  YN was even more powerful.  Hazel once saw Nico and YN training, and YN wiped the floor with him.  But unlike Nico, YN stayed at camp and she was a lot closer with him.  Then she'd met Percy.  At first, when she saw him stumbling up the highway with the old lady in his arms, Hazel had thought he might be a god in disguise.  Even though he was beaten up, dirty and stooped with exhaustion, he'd had an aura of power.  He had the good looks of a Roman god, with sea green eyes and windblown hair.  She'd ordered Frank, her friend, not to fire on him.  She thought the gods might be testing them.  She'd heard myths like that.  A kid with an old lady begs for shelter, and when the rude mortals refuse, boom! They get turned into banana slugs.  Then Percy had controlled the river and destroyed the gorgons.  He'd turned a pen into a bronze sword.  He'd stirred up the whole camp with talk about the graecus.  A son of the sea god... long ago, Hazel had been told that a descendant of Neptune would save her.  But could Percy really take away her curse?  It seemed too much to hope for.  Percy and Nico shook hands, then YN and Percy.  YN looked like he was about to explode.  They studied each other warily, and Hazel fought the urge to run.  If these two busted out the magic weapons, things could get ugly.  Nico didn't appear scary.  He was skinny and sloppy in his rumpled black clothes.  His hair, as always, looked like he'd just rolled out of bed.  Hazel remembered when she'd met him.  The first time she'd seen him draw that black sword of his, she'd almost laughed.  The way he called it Stygian iron, all serious like.  He'd looked ridiculous.  This scrawny white boy was no fighter.  She certainly hadn't believed they were related.  She had changed her mind about that quick enough.  Percy scowled.

Percy: I... I know you.

YN flinched, Nico put his hand on YN's shoulder and raised his eyebrows.

Nico: Do you?