The Full Might Of Rome's Navy Is Ours

The senate meeting went well!  Is what I would probably say if Octavian hadn't been there to give his opinions.  Long story short, we've been given the full might of Rome's navy.  That sounds great, but I have a feeling there's a catch.  At least Percy can probably navigate on his own.  Reyna had asked Percy to speak privately before we left.  Don't know what that's about.  Maybe he reminds her of Jason Grace, the son of Jupiter who went missing a few months ago.  He has the same last name as Thalia.  That's probably not a coincidence, but in all the years we spent together on the run, she never mentioned a brother.  Also I know he's at Camp Half-Blood, but obviously I can't tell anyone here that.  If Octavian found out that there was a camp of Greek Demigods... I don't wanna imagine what he'd do.  Anyways, on those happy notes, we're now having lunch before we leave.  Reyna made a brief speech wishing us luck.  Octavian ripped open a Beanie Baby and pronounced grave omens and hard times ahead, but predicted the camp would be saved by an unexpected hero... whose initials were probably O.C.T.A.V.I.A.N.  Then the other campers went off to their afternoon classes, gladiator fighting, Latin lessons, paintball with ghosts, eagle training and a dozen other activities that sounded better than a suicide quest.  Percy followed me, Hazel and Frank to the Barracks to pack.  Percy didn't have much.  He'd cleaned up his backpack from his trip south and had kept most of his Bargain Mart supplies.  He had a fresh pair of jeans and an extra purple t-shirt from the camp quarter master, plus some nectar, ambrosia, snacks, a little mortal money, and camping supplies.  At lunch, Reyna had handed him a scroll of introduction from the praetor and camp senate.  Supposedly, any retired legionnaires we met on the trip would help us if shown the letter.  He also kept his leather necklace with the beads, the silver ring Reyna had given him, and the probatio tablet, and of course he had Riptide in his pocket.  He folded his tattered orange t-shirt and left it on his bunk.  One of our roommates, Bobby, gave us a ride to the border of the valley on Hannibal the elephant.  From the hilltops, we could see everything below.  The Little Tiber snaked across golden pastures where the unicorns were grazing.  The temples and forums of New Rome gleamed in the sunlight.  On the Field of Mars, engineers were hard at work, pulling down the remains of last night's fort and setting up barricades for a game of death ball.  A normal day for Camp Jupiter.  But on the northern horizon, storm clouds were gathering.  Shadows moved across the hills.  It's weird.  Even though I know I don't belong at Camp Jupiter, I feel a fierce desire to protect this place.  Another safe haven where demigods could build their lives, I wanted that to be part of my future.  Sarah and I could come her.  We could go to college, live normally.  I was snapped out of my thoughts by Hannibal coming to a stop.  We got off the elephant, and Bobby wished us a safe journey.  Hannibal wrapped the four of us with his trunk.  Then the elephant taxi service headed back into the valley.  Percy sighed.  He turned to Hazel and Frank, but before he could say anything...

Terminus: IDs, please.

A statue of Terminus had appeared at the summit of the hill.  The god's marble face frowned irritably.

Terminus: Well?  Come along!

Percy: You again?  I thought you just guarded the city.

Terminus: Glad to see you, too, Mr. Rule Flouter.  Normally, yes, I guard the city, but for international departures, I like to provide extra security at the camp borders.  You really should've allowed two hours before your planned departure time, you know.  But we'll have to make do.  Now, come over here so I can pat you down.

Percy: But you don't have... fine, sure.

He stood next to the armless statue.  Terminus conducted a rigorous mental pat down.

Terminus: You seem to be clean.  Do you have anything to declare?

Percy: Yes.  I declare this is stupid.