Rachel Crashes A Helicopter

Sarah and Silena had left to try and rally the Ares cabin.  I wanted to go with her, just in case she was attacked, but she insisted I needed to stay on the front lines.  Now, there was a confusing noise echoing through the city.  A mechanical drumbeat, the sound of helicopter blades.  On a normal Monday morning in New York, this would've been no big deal, but after two days of silence, a mortal helicopter was the oddest thing I'd ever heard.  A few blocks east, the monster army shouted and jeered as the helicopter came into view.  It was a civilian model painted dark red, with a bright green DE logo on the side.  The words under the logo were too small to read, but I knew what they said.  DARE ENTERPRISES.

YN: Oh you have to be SHITTING me.

Annabeth: What is she doing here?  How did she get through the barrier?

Chiron: Who?  What mortal would be insane enough-

Suddenly the helicopter pitched forward.

YN: The Morpheus enchantment.  Whatever dumbass was piloting the helicopter is asleep!

Percy was about to call for Blackjack, but I stopped him.

YN: If Blackjack flies up to a helicopter, he could get hurt.  I got it.

And with that, I launched myself into the air, flying straight for the helicopter.  As I got closer, I heard Rachel screaming inside.  I sighed and dug Orcus into the door, ripping it off.  The mortal girl stared at me in shock.  I reached out my hand.

YN: Jump!

She hesitantly did as I asked and I caught her just as the helicopter jerked to the side and crashed into a building, exploding.  I winced, I'd meant to save the pilot too.

YN: Um... sorry.

Rachel: I-it's okay... just bring me d-down please.

I landed on the street and set Rachel down as Percy and Annabeth came running over.  Rachel was dressed like she was on vacation, in beach shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals.  Her hair was tangled and her face was green from the helicopter ride.

Rachel: You saved my life...

YN: Yeah, well... let's not make a habit of that.

Annabeth: What are you doing here, Dare?  Don't you know better than to fly into a war zone?

Rachel: I... I had to be here.  I knew Percy was in trouble.

YN: Percy's always in trouble.

Percy: Hey!

YN: Now if you'll excuse us, we have some injured friends to tend to.  Glad you could stop by, Rachel.

Annabeth and I calmly walked away to let Percy and Racheal catch up.  The Hephaestus cabin was out of Greek fire.  The Apollo cabin and the Hunters were scrounging for arrows.  Most of us had already ingested so much ambrosia and nectar we didn't dare take any more.  We had seventeen campers, fifteen Hunters, and half a dozen satyrs left in fighting shape.  The rest had taken refuge on Olympus.  The Party Ponies tried to form ranks, but they staggered and giggled and they all smelled like root beer.  The Texans were head butting the Coloradoans.  The Missouri branch was arguing with Illinois.  The chances were pretty good the whole army would end up fighting each other rather than the enemy.  Chiron trotted up with Rachel on his back.

Chiron: Your friend here has some useful insights, YN.

Rachel blushed.

Rachel: Just some things I saw in my head

Chiron: A drakon.  A Lydian drakon, to be exact.  The oldest and most dangerous kind.

Annabeth: How did you know that?