CHAPTER 7 - BROKEN

Hayat's pov

I was on the call with nanny but she wasn't responding. I heard a girl screaming and the call cut. I am so confused, who was that screaming? Is nanny okay or is she with that jerk?! My hands started to tremble.

" What happened, are you okay? " agam asked

" No, there's something wrong, I need to go to New York now " I replied

My thoughts were driving me crazy as hell. We went to our house, I packed my bag as soon as possible and went to the car while Agam was following me.

" You please stay here " I told him

" I can't leave you alone now " He said

" please " I requested

" Fine, take care, Call me if there's an emergency " Agam said.

I left to the airport and the journey in flight was full of fear. I felt my body having severe tremors. I shouldn't have left her all alone, she's the only one I have.

Time passed and I reached New York, I took a taxi and headed to my apartment. I knocked the door but it was open, I rushed inside the house and went to nanny's room to find her lying the bed. Necimye, nanny's sister was standing beside her. Nanny's eyes were closed, tears were already making their place in my eyes.

" What happened? " my voice stammered and the tears made their way down my cheeks

" Don't worry hayat, she's fine. Actually, she had a high fever and she fainted " Necimye said. She came towards me and hugged me. I was still frozen on my place. But sensed relief as necmiye was with her. 

We went to the living area and I asked her. " How come you are here? "

" She called me yesterday and asked if I could visit her, so" she replied

I nodded my head.

" Aunty, I called her but didn't respond and I also heard a girl screaming. " I told

" Maybe she was very tired to talk and you are too stressed these days, that's what your nanny was complaining about. Go to your room and take some rest. "

I came to my room and stared at the picture of me and nanny, we took it near a church in Turkey.

From my childhood, whenever we had vacation, Nanny and I used to visit Necimye (nanny's sister) in Istanbul. These two ladies had raised me and given the happiness of my life.

I freshened up and called Agam. I assured him that everything was fine and I cut the call.

I couldn't sleep and my throat was dry so I wanted to drink some water but the jug in my room was empty so I headed towards the kitchen and took a bottle out of the fridge, I heard someone coughing and the sound was from nanny's room so I immediately went to her room with water and she was shocked to see me.

" Hayat, why-why are you here? " she asked while coughing

I smiled and gave the glass of water " First drink some water "

I sat beside her and she drank it.

" You are so shocked as if you didn't want me to come and meet you " she smiled and hugged me.

" it's not like that" she said. 

" Nanny, you know, I missed you sooo much " I told

" I missed you more " she replied with a wide smile on her face

" How is Agam? " She asked teasingly

" He's fine " I said while lowering my gaze as my hot cheeks were burning.

" We'll talk tomorrow, go and have some rest " she said and I nodded while making my way to my bedroom.

If Nanny lives with Necimye, she wouldn't feel alone and she would be away from that jerk. The thought struck my mind and I wanted to talk with Nanny about it.

Aarna's pov

It was 3 am and I'm currently admiring my husband aka Aditya as I can't sleep. I know I'm doing a nice job. He looks so cute while sleeping, oh god! I'll be melting, someone please freeze me again.

I was imagining me being pregnant like Maya. My friend is 8 months pregnant and I'll be a maasi in a month! I was lost in thoughts when I heard some door open with a creak. Why is it so scary? Let me check.

I got out of my room and saw Mishka standing near the stairs. Has she gone mad? Why is she standing still? I went near her and she didn't even look at me.

" Are you dreamwalking? " I asked

No reply.

Maybe she is but she started walking down. I flinched due to her sudden action. I followed her slowly, it felt like she was in her senses. She went to the kitchen and I did too.

I heard the door of the kitchen shut loudly and I turned around to see no-one standing near it. When I turned towards Mishka, she wasn't there. I looked in every corner of the kitchen but no sign of her was found.

I was trying to open the door but it was locked. I panicked and started banging and shouting

" Someone open the door! " I shouted but in return I heard a girl scream, it was DHRUTHI.

After sometime, the door opened by itself and I ran towards the living room.

Dhruthi's pov

I'm watching a kdrama right now, it's 3 am but who cares. Someone knocked on my door, I opened it to find Maya.

" Are you able to sleep " I asked

" I was but I think heard something from the kitchen. I'm too scared to check alone, come with me "

" Alright boss " I said and started walking behind her

She was near the stairs but my phone rang and it was in my room, who could it be at this time? I went to check and it was a loan company. Dude, I'm rich enough, I don't need loans!

I got out of the room and saw Mishka standing behind Maya. She usually has difficulty walking down the stairs as she is pregnant. I was walking towards Maya who's gaze was fixed on the kitchen.

Suddenly I froze, I SAW MISHKA PUSHING MAYA. She rolled on the stairs and fell on the ground.

" Mayaaaaaaa! " I screamed and everyone came out of their rooms. I went to Maya who was lying on the floor, unconscious.

" Maya! " Ruhaan came and put Maya's head on his lap and it was drenched with blood. I couldn't stop crying.

" What is wrong with you?! " akshit screamed on Mishka

I saw Aarna coming out of the kitchen, she was frozen.

" We need to take her to the hospital as soon as possible " Aditya said

" call the ambulance " Ruhaan said while sobbing

Author's pov

Agam slapped mishka and her eyes turned red.

" how dare you?  " he asked

She ignored him and went downstairs and was trying to stab Maya's stomach with the knife in her hand but Agam held her hand.

" LEAVE ME" Mishka screamed.

Agam and akshit held her tightly and locked her in a room. She screamed, banged the door many times but after sometime there was silence.

Dear readers,

       Sorry for the delay, I was travelling. 1000+ words, I hope you guys find it interesting. Stay tuned also don't forget to vote, share and comment.

With love,
Afrah 💜💛