CHAPTER 18 - MISHKA'S JOURNAL

Author's POV

Aarna and Aditya were tasked with the heart-wrenching job of sorting through Mishka's belongings. The air was thick with sorrow, and each item they touched seemed to hold a piece of Mishka's soul.

As they sifted through her things, Aarna's hand brushed against something unusual. She pulled out an old, leather-bound journal, its pages yellowed with age.

"Aditya, look at this," Aarna said, her voice trembling with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

Aditya peered over her shoulder. "It's Mishka's journal," he said softly, recognizing her neat, meticulous handwriting.

"Should we read it?"

Aarna hesitated, then nodded. "Maybe it will help us understand what she was going through."

They opened the journal and began to read. The entries started off normally enough, with Mishka recounting her daily life and interactions with friends. But as they continued, the tone shifted. Mishka wrote about unsettling dreams, a sense of being watched, and an unshakable dread that followed her everywhere.

One entry in particular caught their attention.

"I need to go back to Necimye's village. There are things I need to understand. Things I need to face," Mishka had written.

"Necimye's village," Aarna repeated. "Isn't that the place Hayat used to visit with her nanny during summer holidays?"

Aditya nodded slowly. "Yes, but why would Mishka be interested in it?"

They continued reading but found no clear answers. The journal was filled with cryptic notes and fragmented thoughts, hinting at something dark and ominous. Despite their best efforts, they couldn't piece together the full story.

Days passed, and Aarna and Aditya couldn't shake the feeling that they were missing something crucial. The journal haunted them, its mysteries gnawing at their minds. Yet, they decided not to share their findings with Hayat and Agam immediately. They didn't want to burden them with more grief when they were already struggling with Mishka's loss.

"We need to figure this out ourselves first," Aarna said firmly.

"We don't want to add to their pain unless we're sure of what we've found."

Aditya agreed, though the decision weighed heavily on him. The more he thought about it, the more convinced he became that Necimye's village held the key to understanding Mishka's turmoil.

Life moved on, slowly and painfully. Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, each one marked by a quiet struggle against the weight of loss and the relentless passage of time. The routines that once brought comfort now felt hollow, echoing with the absence of what was lost.

2 years later............

Dear readers,
How was the update? It was short, sorry. Vote share and comment. Don't forget to follow. Have a great day

With love,
Afrah 💜💛