10

At evening.. 3:35 p.m...

Yoongi was jolted awake from his sleep by someone shaking him. Groggily, he blinked his eyes, opening them slowly, only to find Seokjin's face looming uncomfortably close to his own. Startled, he got up, sitting up abruptly as he cursed under his breath.

"Why the fuck are you so close?" he grumbled, his annoyance evident in his tone as he rubbed his eyes.

Seokjin merely grinned in response, unfazed by his irritable demeanor. "Just checking up on you, love." he replied casually, his tone teasing. "Besides, you must've been mesmerized by my handsome face."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, unamused by his attempt at humor. "Yeah, right," he muttered, shooting the elder a glare.

As he scanned the room, he noticed Taehyung standing nearby, holding his bag and other belongings.

Seokjin leaned back slightly, his expression turning more serious.

"Seriously though, your back looks pretty rough. Taehyung informed me about everything that happened." he said. "It's clear they didn't hold back on those beatings. Makes you wonder how many students went through something like this."

Yoongi sighed, "Why are you both here anyways?"

"Yoongi hyung," Taehyung called. "Since no one was here and the college hours ended, we came to get you."

Yoongi nodded and slowly pushed himself up from the bed, wincing slightly as the pain in his back flared up once again.

"We should head back soon. The campus bus will be here any minute." Jin said, looking out of the window.

Yoongi and Taehyung followed him out of the room and made their way towards the entrance. As they boarded the bus, they settled into their seats.

As soon as the bus started moving, Jin felt a weighty gaze settle upon Yoongi. Sensing the tension, he subtly nudged Yoongi's leg, who seated before him with Taehyung, a silent signal that something was amiss.

Yoongi's eyes flickered around the bus, confirming Jin's unspoken observation - everyone's eyes were trained on him.

It was unnerving, to say the least. Anyone would shift uncomfortably in their seat if they felt the weight of these people's stares like a physical pressure. Even the professors seemed to be casting curious glances his way.

Beside him, Taehyung shifted nervously, clearly picking up on the charged atmosphere. Yoongi could feel the tension radiating from him.

But he remained composed, refusing to show any signs of discomfort as he casually glanced out the bus window beside him. The atmosphere inside the bus remained heavy with silence, the weight of everyone's gaze palpable.

Jin had informed them beforehand that he would get out at the next stop to avoid attracting any suspicions.

So, both the youngers waited for their stop to arrive. When it finally did, they got up, leaving the intense atmosphere of the bus behind them.

On their way to Jin's mansion, Yoongi strolled casually with his hands in his pockets, the orange sky casting a warm glow around them.

Behind him, Taehyung followed, feeling a twinge of guilt gnawing at him. His gaze drifted to Yoongi's back, still covered by Jin's coat.

As they walked, his footsteps slowed until he eventually stopped. His eyes welled with sorrow as he imagined the pain Yoongi must be enduring beneath the coat, hidden from view.

Yoongi's sharp senses picked up on the absence of footsteps behind him, prompting him to halt and glance back.

When he saw Taehyung's pained expression, he spat out , "What?"