falling for adwoa

Hakim's POV
Hakim: please give me a chance.
Adwoa:we Ghanaian women give high respects to me because they are tge heads of the family,if it wasn't for that,I would have insulted you.

Hakim:no you have every right to insult me,I shouldn't have ever disrespected you.Please for me,I love you.
Adwoa:you do?
Hakim:yes with all my heart.Please forgive me.

Adwoa:am not hard hearted,so I forgive you.
Hakim:If it wasn't for Islam, like I would hugged and kissed you.
Adwoa: I don't mean to rude,but it seems your lifestyle doesn't match that of Islam.There are many Muslims in Ghana,so I know Abit.

Hakim:you are absolutely right,you see I wasn't born Muslim.I was raised in the mafia but I met my late wife 10 years ago.I was 22.She was Muslim and her father would only allow her to marry a Muslim,as the religion permitted.

I  converted and kept my mafia relations a secret from her father.At first she didn't want me because I was in the mafia,but we fell in love so deeply.

After marriage,she started teaching me about Islam, barely six years into our marriage, she got killed.

I reverted back to my mafia life yet couldn't throw Islam away.the world's contradicted each other,it was either Islam or the mafia.

I couldn't choose one,so here I am.

Adwoa:you do know that you still have to choose one.
Hakim: I know. Hey can I take you on a date tomorrow?

Adwoa:me?
Hakim:yes,to get to know each other,k want to marry you adwoa.

Adwoa: I don't know what to say
Hakim:say yes.
Adwoa :yes, I will be your date.

Those were music to my ears.The next day I was praying in the afternoon,I couldn't help but feel like a hypocrite.

I was out there killing people, and now here I am praying.I am huge dinner yet I can't help it.

I was raised that way,I could hear sakina's voice echoing in my head"once a mafia man , always a mafia"

She was right who was I fooling,I have reverted to my roots yet I can't leave Islam.The two can never be.

I heard singing,I came out to find adwoa singing in her native language,twi.

She immediately stopped when she saw me.
Hakim: what's the name of that song?
Adwoa:Atele by lasmid.wanna hear?
Hakim:sure.

We listened to Ghanaian music from artists such as kidi, kuami eugene,lasmid, and old generation artist like daddy lumba,kojo antwi,bubak and praye.

Praye's "Angelina"was a jam.

Ghanaian music was very good and I wasn't really a fan of music.That night we went on our date,adwoa surprised me as she wore her African prints.

Hakim: beautiful
Adwoa:you are not mad?
Hakim:why should I be? Come.

We went to the restaurant,there we bonded.I got to know more about Ghana.She wanted visit there one-day,I would gladly take her there.

After sakina o thought I would never love again,I was wrong