★: 21

Third person pov

       “Hey Jiyun, you wanna see my room first?”

Minho's home was a cozy haven filled with warmth and comfort. As Jiyun step through the front door, she sensed tranquility and belonging. The walls are adorned with art and photographs, each telling a story of cherished memories. Natural light streams in through the windows, casting a soft glow on the inviting furniture and decor. The fresh mild scent, adding to the feeling of homeliness. Every corner of the house holds a treasure, from the well-loved study to the inviting kitchen. It's a place where friends and family gather, where love and laughter fill the air, and where every moment is a celebration of togetherness.

At least that's what it was supposed to feel like, but for some reason, despite all the homely and soft decor, it held a heavy cloud of loneliness, the same kind Minho radiated. Coated in happiness but was still depressed.

Minho tossed his bag on the couch, tugging the ravenette towards the stairs, his smile as big as ever. “It's really cool, I promise.”

Hyunjin simply watched them go, a giggling Jiyun following Minho atop the stairs. He picked up the grocery bag the older had tossed, b-lining towards the kitchen, carefully taking out the ingredients they had purchased on the island. He really wanted to join them, but Minho didn't invite him, neither did Jiyun call for him.

“Hey Jinnie, come look at Minho's room, its really cool,” Hyunjin flinched when he heard his friend's voice. He trudged out of the kitchen, finding an ecstatic Jiyun leaning on the railing, her hair falling carelessly as she waved for him to come up.

And almost instantaneously, the taller's pout flipped into a puffy smile, he jogged up to her, barely able to keep up as Jiyun pulled him to where Minho stood, his back leaning on the door frame, his arms crossed, a smug smirk on his lips.

“Look, look, its so cool. It has this cute little glow light and have you seen his gaming corner? And also his shelf holds the cutest things ever, like that crystal cat and mangas and. . . and,” Jiyun gaze hopped around, ogling at the brown haired's room. “I don't know, everything looks so cool. His bed looks so soft too-” she crashed on the soft fabric, breathing out a soft sigh, her beam never faltering.

Rather it lit up even more when she saw a feline perched under Minho's gaming car, mewling lazily. “Ou, its a kitty. Kitties are cute-”  she hopped out of the bed, in pursuit of the cat. She softly patted its fur, making the animal to flinch. “Is this dori?” she looked up at Minho.

Both boys who had been watching her the whole time nodded. Hyunjin had visited a whole lot of time and had met them a couple times to know, whereas Minho was upset that she  wasn't able to tell even though he had described them a thousand times.  “Its so soft,” Jiyun averted her gaze back to the cat, that quickly sprinted away. “He's gone,” She looked back at Minho, pouting. “He probably wants to take me to his kitty brothers,” Jiyun beamed, going after the cat. “Mr cat, wait-”

“Ji no,” She ignored Minho's voice, calling out for dori which was now out of sight. “Well, she's gone,” he huffed, trying to blow away the bangs on his face. But still happy to see Jiyun excited about something after two months since the school year began. It was nice to see that spark in her eyes again, maybe he should invite her more often?

“What now?” The black haired turned to Minho. “Should we look for her?”

“I...” Minho hesitated. He was now alone with the younger, what was stopping him from apologizing? He could simply say it now, there was no need to tug it any further. “Hyunjin I-” he took in a deep breath. God, this was harder than he thought it would be.

Hyunjin tilted his head, staring at Minho his had his cheeks puffed out. He knew what the older was trying to say and had the urge to intervene, maybe act oblivious and leave.

“I didn't mean to hurt you, I'm sorry,” Minho quickly pressed out when Hyunjin walked towards the door. The silence that followed made his heart thump faster. But at least he stopped, he didn't leave.

Hyunjin shrugged. “Its okay, I guess? I mean that wasn't the first time you hit me, it just hurts more cause you got stronger and I'm still weak. Don't worry about it, it was my fault-”

“No, it wasn't. Please don't hate me, please.” Minho's voice came out as soft as a whimper, barely above a whisper.

“I don't hate you, Hyung,” Hyunjin scoffed, softly wrapping his arms around the shorter's shoulder, initiating a hug Minho was hesitant to return, too guilty to. Eventually he melted into Hyunjin's comfort, shuddering when the younger's breaths tickled his neck. “Please don't hurt me ever again.” he was more hurt emotionally, deeper than any cut he got that day.

“I promise,” Minho breathed softly, his hands slowing patting Hyunjin's back, a weak smile on his lips. Happy that he finally did it, he felt great and lighter, like a weight had been lifted off him and brighter, like the dark cloud of despair had faded. Basking in the peace Hyunjin often brought.

A bumped looking Jiyun groaned from the stairs. “Guys, he wasn't taking me to his kitty brothers.”

----------------• ° -💛- ° •----------------

Last chapter's answer; Sirius

Today on trivia; what colour is a giraffe's tongue?

Anyways Hi, how are you?

As always Lee (> •-•)> will be taking your votes and comments

Thanks for reading
Cya💚