7

Bhargav's POV

Silk fabric was draped all around my body as the attendees placed the other jewelries on me. I looked at myself in the mirror as my mind wandered elsewhere. My life was very simple and easy just until three days ago but now, I was a king. A king of the same kingdom I belonged to. I looked at my face and saw how a new glow had bloomed all over myself making me look like a real king. "Maharaj, the priests are ready and are expecting your arrival", an attendee informed. I nodded at him and gestured all of them to leave. 

Even though a whole kingdom was under my control now, I felt lonely. I hadn't received any form of love from my parents after I spoke against that lame excuse of a king I killed very recently, five years ago. But my sisters were always with me. They gave me all the love I had wanted, even more than what I deserved. But now, even they think I am a monster and haven't even talked to me since they left the palace that morning. I sighed in defeat and decided to concentrate on more important matters. 

Just when I was about to turn around and leave, I heard the gentle tinkling of anklet bells and my eyes widened. It did not take me a lot of time to realize who was approaching my chamber. I literally ran to the entrance of the chamber and that is when my eyes landed on my sisters. Janaki and Radhika stood at the entrance of the chamber smiling as tears flowed down their cheeks. I ran to them and pulled them to my chest while they broke into loud sobs. "Bhaiyya, I couldn't sleep all night without you. I missed you so much", Radhika cried. "My baby!", I kissed her forehead and pulled away from them. 

Janaki looked at me with so much pride and happiness that for a second, I forgot everything about the coronation that was being held today. "You have always looked like a king, Bhargava. But today, you look like a real one. I am very proud of you", she said and I bent down to touch her feet. An attendee came back to inform that it was getting late for the ceremony and Janaki told me that they were here to walk me there. Both of them stood beside me and walked down the flight of stairs that lead to the great hall where the coronation was being held. As soon as the doors opened to the hall, silence grew making my back straighten and chin move up on its own. The only sounds heard were the announcer announcing my name, conches being blown at the same time, the drums being played and the priests chanting the holy mantras. 

I looked at the platform where all the important people were and searched for my parents but found them nowhere. Janaki touched my elbow and shook her head giving me the message. Even though I was heartbroken, I couldn't let down the people around me and show my weakness. So, I walked to the platform and sat down in front of the Havan Kund after bowing at the people witnessing my coronation. 

Everything went well for sometime and I was relieved about it. Even in the morning when the bath was arranged for me where the elders and well learnt nobles of the kingdom bathed me with milk while blessing me with strength and knowledge required to lead the kingdom in prosperity and in misfortune, I feared someone would make a scene. But nothing of that sort occurred. As instructed by the priests, I stood up and walked towards the throne. But just then I heard the sound which I assumed to be a sword being removed from it cover, making me turn around. 

And there she stood, with a sword, in front of me while three men looked at her in fear, protecting me from them. She took a step towards them making them take a step away from us. In the next step, they started to shift in their legs in fear. She moved closer making them drop their weapons. She stopped and warned," Don't forget that the man you just attacked is partially the king of the land you stand on right now. And don't forget that you would have to go through me to touch him".

One of them scowled at her words and said," So, this new king of yours needs protection from a woman? How will he fight when there is a war or a battle? Will he sit in the palace and send the women to fight?", my hands fisted in anger but even before I could react, her voice boomed in the chamber," If you are so confident that I am weak because I am a woman, fight me. Let us show to the whole kingdom who they will have to fight to get to him", she took a step towards him making him jump in fear. I wanted to laugh at him. Even though he had no confidence to fight her, he kept fueling her anger. 

"He entered the hall with some women. Now, we are finding out that he is being guarded by a woman. Are all the men dead in this kingdom that you are protecting him now?", one man questioned her. And again, even before I could speak, she answered," What is wrong with that? We live in a country where sisters are called second mothers. His sisters walked him here while showering strength and power to him. And for me protecting him, making sure that he is safe is more important than making sure a man is guarding him", I saw many agreeing with her.

"Your mothers save you from all harm from the day you were just balls of meat in their wombs. Then, your sisters do the same and take care of you. Then you get married and bring a woman home and she will dedicate all her life in fulfilling your needs. And then your daughter, she saves you from the whole world and its cunning words even if it means taking all the torture from the society. If so many women are saving you in every phase of your life, then what is the problem with a king being guarded by a woman?"

"If you still have a problem with this arrangement", she raised her sword up in the air and challenged," come fight me", murmurs grew in the hall and I had to step in before it was too late. I walked to the closest guy near me who tried to attack me and even though he had started to shake visibly, I held his shoulders in a firm grip and said," I know that you are deeply disturbed by the death of the previous king. Give me one chance and I will show you what I can do to our motherland", his knife dropped to the ground and he looked at me with a different look. He nodded and walked away with the other men.

I turned around and looked at the lioness who had just saved me and nodded at her. She nodded back and I walked past her and climbed the stairs leading to the throne. With the conches being blown and many wishes and blessings resonating in the whole hall, the crown was placed on my head by Guruji and then he handed over the king's sword to me. I bowed to it to show my respect and at that moment, I felt the weight that was on me at the moment. I looked at the people, some happy, some angry, some still in shock and others in disappointment. I had to win their hearts. I had to show them why they needed a new king. Why their previous king needed a replacement. 

After the ceremony, a grand feast was served to the people of my kingdom and I got some time to spend with them and get to know them. Not once did she leave me alone in all this. She stood beside me and made sure nothing wrong happened with me. At first it felt annoying to me but when I remembered her words from earlier, my mind would say that she was with me for some cause which I would learn in the future. 

          __________________________________________________          

How are my favorite people??

What do you think about this chapter?

Leave comments and votes

Lots of loveeeee❤️

❤️AISHWARYA❤️