9

Surabhi's POV

It had been a busy month for Rishabhapriya. Kings, queens, princesses, princes from all over the country were sailing in and out of the kingdom to meet and greet the new King of our kingdom. Most of the royals from Akhandadesh had visited us and I stayed away from them as much as possible. It would take them no time to identify me as the princess of Ratnagarbha and that is the only thing I did not want at that moment. But the whole month, my hands and feet had turned cold because of the anticipation to see who would arrive from Ratnagarbha. Guruji had reminded me again why I was staying away from my family and told me to stay away from the palace when my family would arrive. It was definitely tough for me but I had no other option but to promise him that I would obey him. 

It was early in the morning when I was wearing my uniform and was tying my hair in a braid when an attendee came to me running and said," There is a problem in the palace. The rulers of Vajrasiri have arrived in the ports and Maharaj is not up yet. He has to be there to welcome them", as soon as she mentioned Vajrasiri, my heart fell to my stomach remembering who were the rulers of it. I nodded and asked her to make arrangements for them to arrive at the palace safely. I hurried to his chamber and did not bother to knock and walked in to find him and Radhika on the bed while she slept peacefully on his chest. 

For one moment, I just stood there admiring the view. He looked nothing like the asshole he is to me the whole day. He looked like the guy who told me about Radhika that stormy night. He looked responsible and weirdly happy even in his sleep. But I snapped back to reality and ran to wake them up. I tried to call him but he protested and tried to move away from me while groaning. Radhika was no different than him. She too cuddled him back and they turned away from me. I placed my knees on the bed to turn them around towards me and said, "The royal family of Vajrasiri is here, Maharaj. You need to welcome them. And here you are still in bed. Wake up!!", he snapped his eyes open and jumped out of the bed to run to the bathing area.

Radhika sat up and cried out his name calling him back. He looked at me asking for help and I nodded at him before he ran to get ready soon. I picked her up and said, "How about we make this cute, little princess her favorite orange color lehenga today?", she was not sleepy in a fraction of a second and she jumped still in my arms when I took her to my chamber. The attendees tried to take her away from me and give her a bath but I said that I wanted to do it. I asked them to make the water warm while I picked out her cloths. Her clothes were placed in my chamber too as I had started to take care of her often. I called an attendee and asked her to inform Chetan, a male soldier in the palace to take me position today like he had when the other royals had arrived and proceeded to take Radhika to the bathing area. 

She brushed her teeth while I asked the attendees to leave us alone and I sat near the pool of water waiting for her to come to me. She jumped in happiness and said," Last night, Bhaiyya told me a story and we played all night because I couldn't sleep. Do you know what he promised me, Hita?", I smiled at her nickname for me, short for Pranahita and shook my heard.

"He said that he would let me marry someone someday!!!", she jumped in happiness while throwing her arms around making me laugh. "Everyone gets married one or the other day. Why would he not let you marry?", she shook her head as I removed her clothes and made her sit in the pool of water. "He always said that he wanted to keep me hidden from the cruel world. He also said that there was no one born who would be the perfect match for me", it felt weird to hear a little girl talk such big words but I realized she was quoting her brother. 

I removed her hair from the two little braids on either side of her head and started to pour water on her head. "All brothers are like that, Radhika. But once you grow up, they'll get more protective. Even my brother was like that", she turned towards me and wiped away the water from her eyes with her little hands and said," I want to meet your brother someday, Hita. What was his name?", she asked making me smile. "His name is Aditya", I replied as I applied the shampoo paste on her hair.

"Adityaa! I like that name. I will name my husband Aditya", I laughed at her words and continued to wash her hair thoroughly. "So, it was only you and Aditya? I thought you were three like me, Janu didi and Bhaiyya", my mind turned numb remembering Padmini would be here in the palace in sometime but I couldn't meet her. I controlled myself before tears spilled out of my eyes and replied," I also have a sister", she nodded but stood up to let me apply the sandalwood paste on her soft baby skin. She continued to tell me what they did last night while I rinsed off all the residue of the sandalwood paste and took her out of the water. I wrapped her warm body in a soft warm cotton cloth and took her back to the chamber. I made her stand on a seat and helped her wear her favorite lehenga.

I hooked a gold necklace around her neck and matching earrings in her ears and bangles in her hands. The silver anklets in her ankle tinkled loudly when she ran around the chamber in happiness and twirled while holding up her lehenga. I smiled at her cuteness and picked her up. I called in an attendee and asked her to take her to Maharaj and asked her about the whereabouts of the guests from Vajrasiri. She said that Maharaj had welcomed them and they were on their way to the palace. 

After they left, I went to the balcony and sat on the couch placed there. I sighed sadly as I looked down at my hands. The bruises had started to fade but to look spotless, it would take almost an year. The royal physician said so on my last visit to get a whole body scan as per Guruji's advice. I had continued to follow his diet plan and I had started to feel a lot healthier than before. I placed my head back on the rest and looked at the view from there. Endless trees surrounded the back of the palace where my chamber was located at. Rishabhapriya was undoubtedly a gorgeous kingdom but clearly, the right use of it wasn't done by the last king. I hoped he would change the fate of this kingdom soon. 

Just then I heard loud noises from outside and someone arguing with someone else. I walked out of the chamber to see two attendees arguing with each other. "What is wrong here?", I asked strictly making them turn towards me and bow. "I'm sorry, mam. There was a small problem. Nothing we can't resolve ourselves. Sorry for the disturbance", they said. "What is the problem?", I asked. They looked unsure in the beginning but the said," They need apples. But each time we cut a new one and give it to her, she keeps sending it back. She keeps saying it isn't what the prince likes", she said.

"Who is this 'she' you both are talking about? And Prince? Who is this? ", I asked.

"The young prince of Vajrasiri, mam. Prince Sourabh", one attendee said.

"Son of Maharaj Vallabh and Maharani Padmini", the other one said.

          __________________________________________________          

Trust me, you wouldn't wanna miss the next chapter!

Don't forget to vote and leave comments.

Lots of Love Gurlssss❤️

❤️AISHWARYA❤️