15

Surabhi's POV

"Oh, you came. Ready to reward me?"

I gulped as the hair on my hands decided to stand up. I stood still as the long curtains of the chamber flew long and high as a strong wind blew making me shiver slightly. He let his feet down and stood up while his muscles moved with each motion. The waistband of his dhoti was tied low giving me a perfect view of his well built muscular upper body while the holy thread tied across his chest moved with every movement. He was right in front of me in no time and my breathing got deeper and louder as I put my head down hiding from him. "What happened, Pranahita?", he asked while lifting my face with a finger under my chin making me fist the fabric of my pants. "You did not think I would win, did you?", he asked in a low, raspy voice as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, There was a hint of his signature smirk on his lips while my eyes were stuck on them. 

"You thought I do not eat meat so I am weak or I would not know how to fight. And that there was no way I was going to win against Vallabh. Hmm? Didn't you think so?", I just nodded and looked away because of the tension. "But none of that matters now. I won and completed the challenge. Now, its time to grant my reward", he said the last part while leaning closer making me close my eyes tightly but unknowingly I had moved closer to him too. 

There had been a few interactions in between us apart from the official matters and it was usually involving Radhika. And most of the times, it would be to annoy me. But now, when he was talking to me like that, I was feeling so many things that I couldn't pin point one. He was undoubtedly a handsome man and well raised too. He knew how to respect women and that alone made me change my opinion about him a long time ago. But I was scared to do something wrong with all the attention I was getting from him. What if I start developing feelings for him or worse what if he started to like me?, I wondered. But I doubted he or any man for that matter would like me. After seeing how I had lived for so many months as a prisoner in a dungeon, no man would even imagine liking me. I knew that. But somewhere, deep inside, I thought there was a possibility he would like me. Even though I did not want him to.

"I know how you won", I said pulling away from him and taking a step back. I opened my eyes and looked at him," I know that you did not win fairly", he raised his eyebrows and smirked. "You saw me disarm him in the match. Thousands of people witnessed it. You are just making excuses to run from me", I shook my head slowly and said," Oh! I also witnessed how you and Maharaj Vallabh talked just a few seconds before you disarmed him. May be you made a deal and won against him".

He shook his head as if he was disappointed in me and walked back to my bed and laid down on his side while resting his head on the base of his palm. "I'm disappointed, Pranahita. I thought you knew me better than that. Do you know what we talked about there?", I replied," May be ' Let me win. I want to make this girl my slave for a week and make her life living hell by making her do the grossest tasks' and then he was kind to you and let you win", he laughed loudly and fell back on the bed and laid on his back while he rubbed his face. "Oh, lord! You have no idea", he laughed and sat up and patted on the mattress asking me to sit beside him. I did not want to take any chance and sat on the couch facing the bed. 

"Put all the distance you want now. You'll come running into my arms one day", I rolled my eyes and asked him to tell me what he spoke to Jija ji.

"He saw how I pointed at you after the first round"

"Everyone present there witnesses that. What were you thinking when you did that?"

"Why were you hiding then? That match happened because of you anyways. They had to know"

"Yeah. And you couldn't let me hide. All eyes were on me. I just wanted to jump into the depth of earth and never return"

"Pranahita, this is your kingdom. You live here-", I immediately cut him off.

"This is NOT my kingdom. It can never be"

He looked stunned for a second but then continued," Okay, tigress, relax. But there is no need to hide. Who do you have to hide from? Everyone there knew you already", I was having a huge fight within myself as I looked at him talk. I did not know if I could let him know my true identity or not. He wasn't a threat to me. I knew that and for some stupid reason he felt trustworthy at the moment. 

"Now stop with these unwanted talks. Tell me what you said to him", I demanded.

"So, he saw me point the sword at you and asked me what you were to me. And I told him the truth"

"What truth?"

He clearly looked like was trying to come up with an answer but then blurted out," I told him about the challenge", I did not believe him but still nodded. But then it dawned upon me. This stupid man had told my Jija ji that he wanted me to obey him for a week like his slave. What if he had gotten a different idea about this? What if he thought we were- Oh my godddd!! I internally screamed at myself for accepting the challenge in the first place. If he hadn't brought up Padmini didi's name I would have never accepted it. 

"You are crazy-", before I could give him a long scolding, an attendee came running to me and whispered in my ear," She is here, mam. The woman who met the dead king every month. She is walking up the stairs", she was weirdly scared. I gave her a comforting look and asked her where Chetan was. She said he was already in the king's chamber waiting for her in the dark chamber. I dismissed her and stood up. "Is everything alright?", he asked me making me nod. "Ok. Then I will decide when the week starts for you and we'll see in the morning", he said. I nodded and began thinking about what could go wrong tonight. I had to make sure she wouldn't get to know that the king was dead. I had to- OH MY GODDDDD!!!! It then dawned upon my stupid self where Maharaj was going when he left my chamber and I ran to stop him before he destroyed all of my plans. 

I ran quickly towards his chamber and my eyes fell on him while his hands were on the door of his chamber. He opened it before I reached him and he walked in. I dismissed the guards and ran inside making sure to not let one ray of light entered the chamber. He was standing near his bed looking at Chetan who was dressed up as the dead king making him look at him furiously. "What the hell do you think you are doing here dressed up like that?", he roared making me run faster to him. I heard the door open behind me and the woman's anklet bells resonating in the whole chamber. "Did I make you wait a lot, Maharaj?", her sultry voice echoed in the room making me widen my eyes. I turned around to see her black silhouette standing near the door while she stood on one of her legs in a seductive posture while her hands were on the door frame. 

Maharaj was about to speak when, in the dark, I found him and closed his mouth with my palm while pulling him to a deep corner of the chamber. There was a stair case in the chamber which lead to the upper part of the chamber where the king's personal stuff were kept. And that was the only part which was lit up leaving the rest of the lower chamber almost dark. "Is my Maharaj angry at me? I know I am late this time and that you have waited a long time to ravish me. But trust me, my king, this wait will be worth it tonight", she walked in while I pulled Maharaj to the upper part of the chamber and hid well where we could see what they were doing but they couldn't find us easily. 

"Tonight, I will do whatever my king wants me to do. I will bend how ever he wants me to. I will obey him like I always have and always will. I will give him all the relief he had been deprived of for all these days", she said seductively as she moved onto the bed and straddled Chetan who was pretending to be the dead king, laying on the bed. 

          __________________________________________________          

Ummm... So.....Yeah..... 

ok

Don't forget to vote and leave comments!

Lots of loveeeeeee❤️

❤️AISHWARYA❤️