13

Bhargav's POV

She looked so beautiful as she swiped her hair away from her face and continued to draw on her book making a small smile appeared on my face. "Are you hungry, Radha?", I asked and she nodded with a frown on her face while her hair tied on either side of her head moved with each movement. "Then you should have told me, Radhika. Why did you keep quiet?", I scolded her and clapped twice calling an attendee. My mind went back to the time Pranahita had done the same and had called some attendees. She knew so much about all this and I wondered how. Guruji told me not to worry about it and just concentrate on more important stuff for now. I also observed how she was staying away from all the royals and not meet them at all. 

When I asked about that, Guruji asked me not to worry again. I had so much to ask but there was so much to do and I decided to dig deeper when I could. "Oh, Rama! What shall I do with this man??? Bhaiyya you asked if I were hungry and I said yes. Why don't you tell her something?", I snapped out of my thoughts as soon as her voice fell on my ears and asked the attendees who was looking at me confused to cut some fruits for her. Suddenly, Radhika asked," Were you thinking about Hita?", I smiled at her nickname for her and asked," Why do you keep calling her that?".

"I like her, Bhaiyya. I will convince our parents if you decide to marry her. Don't worry", she said and got back to her drawing. The thought of marrying her made me fall back on the bed beside Radhika who was sitting and coloring her drawing now. I sighed and closed my eyes as I remembered how she blocked my way in the dungeons to protect my family from me. She was no one to me back then and I did not care about her. 

When Guruji told me that she would be my guard, I was beyond shocked. And angry. In the history, there hasn't been one king who had a female guard to protect him and having one made me feel as if the people would think I was weak. I had no other problem except for that and her sharp tongue. But I could tame that. I slowly started to fall into a healthy routine after becoming a king and she was a huge part of that. Unknowingly, her validation mattered. If she saw something in my appearance that made her feel less royal like, she would change it without even speaking anything and every time, she would be right. 

One thing about her was that she wasn't like other girls or women I had seen. She was a perfect balance of femininity and masculinity. She could fight like a man but think like a woman. She could make sharp decisions like a man and make sure it would strictly be followed by everyone like a woman. She was the strongest woman I had seen. Physically, mentally and spiritually. It wasn't easy for a woman to live in a dungeon for two years. But she was a fighter and the fire in her eyes when she commanded me to step away from my own parents that rainy night, for a second I was taken aback. 

My mind snapped back to reality when the attendees brought back a plate full of cut fruits. Radhika sat straight and started to eat merrily. "Bhaiyya, eat some too. It's too much for my small tummy. And, you will have to have a lot of energy to fight the bad guys", she said making me laugh. I extended my hands to take a bite when I heard," Pwincess Radhika!", we both turned to look at the entrance of the chamber to find Prince Sourabh running towards us. He jumped on the bed and sat beside Radhika. She shared the fruits with him and he ate some. 

Slowly their conversation started and in no time I was being compared to his father and uncle. I asked an attendee to call Pranahita as she was good with kids and both of them were too engrossed in their debate that they even forgot that I was there. When I watched her walk in, she was on guard. She was ready to fight. But when her eyes landed on the kids, she relaxed and just when she was about to catch me staring at her, I put my head down and closed my eyes. I could feel her gaze and slowly lifted my eyes up to see that I was right, acting as if I wasn't waiting for her to come at all. I startled the kids but ran to her and hid behind her. The way she spoke to the kids made me smile but when she called me smaller and weaker than the other two kings, I lost it. 

I wanted to show her who she was talking to. When I told her about the reward if I won the match, I prayed internally for her to not say no. I did everything in my hands to make her accept the challenge and finally when she did, my next task was to bring Maharaj Vallabh to a fight and win. I was so ready for it. I walked towards the common area to find their little family there. I sat on the couch and asked if everything was perfect for their stay here. They looked happy. I slowly brought up the topic of the fight indirectly and I did not have to do much, Prince Sourabh made my work easier and Maharaj Vallabh himself invited me for a sword fight. I acted as if I did not want it but agreed just for their sake and got back to my chamber after spending some time with them. 

I sent an attendee to inform Pranahita and the others about the fight and did a small warm up for it. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I was wondering why I was doing all this but the other part of my mind reminded the weird satisfaction I would find when she looked at me annoyed. I knew that she thought I wasn't trained to be a warrior as she was appointed to guard me. She was underestimating me and I knew exactly how to break her arrogance. Soon, it was time for the match as it had gotten dark and I walked down the flight of stairs to find all the audiences waiting for the match to begin. All eyes were on me as I stood there smiling at them as they cheered for me. There were so many people and for a second, my heart beat skipped at how huge that was going to be. Anything to win the challenge, I thought and walked towards the crowd.

My eyes scanned the whole crowd for her but found her nowhere. I first bowed down to Guruji who blessed me with victory. I walked to the benches were Radhika was sitting with Prince Sourabh and lifted my eyebrows trying to ask her where her Hita was. She gestured me to look at her left and I followed her gaze to see her sitting in the farthest corner while her face was covered with a black scarf. Even in the dark, and that distance, her eyes shone under the moon light making me commit to win the fight. An announcer announced the arrival of the rulers of Vajrasiri to the grounds and the people cheered for them.

His wife joined her hands and I did the same while she said," Both of you be careful. Don't lose control. This match is just for entertainment. And it ends when either one of you disarms their opponent. I don't plan to see any blood tonight. Don't forget that", we both nodded at her and she walked away from us to the resting area. Well, she was pregnant and we knew better than annoying pregnant women. With a loud boom and an announcement, the fight commenced. We both walked to the platform after getting a sword each. We both bowed at each other and smiled too showing that it a friendly match to the people. And then the match began.

          __________________________________________________          

You DO NOT want to miss the next chapter tm.

Don't forget to vote and leave comments. 

Lots of Love girliesssss❤️

❤️AISHWARYA❤️