Chapter 8: "You are like cotton candy"

The light dims as the entire crowd vibrates with joy. It's such a shame that Jeonghan couldn't drag a chair from the Library to sit on and enjoy the concert with Seungcheol.

"It's about to start!" Mingyu exclaims. Though such a bulky man can scream and squeal louder than most of the girls, making up for his and Wonwoo's excitement for the concert.

"Boring?" A deep voice just above the tip of his ear rings out as he quickly starts to turn the shade of blush. He then peeks at Seungcheol without moving his head.

They were standing close together in the crowd due to the immense crowd, though Jeonghan hated being close to any person within 10 cm, he was happy that he could smell that expensive perfume off Seungcheol.

"No, just not a big fan of concerts," Jeonghan answers Seungcheol, who nods. His brown hair swaying with the wind as his pale red lips become even more red due to the atmosphere.

"Same here," Seungcheol chuckles as he pushes his fingers into his pocket, and Jeonghan was almost on the verge of going down on his knee to give Seungcheol a blow of his life. But he held back. Seungcheol with his hands dipped in his pocket, his biceps flexing through his clothes, sharp jaw in view, and the brown hair, just him, was a sin to watch with bare eyes.

"You'd rather spend your time solving calculus questions, wouldn't you?" Lame, Jeonghan reminds himself never to crack such a dry joke ever again. But the laughter that Seungcheol lets out seems so real. The way he throws his head back and the way his Adam's apple bobs with every laugh and his throat vibrating has Jeonghan gripping his fingers.

"Well, I can't say that's a lie but also not a whole truth. Right now, I want to go and play basketball, but Mingyu's a bit hard and he would kill me if I ditched him at this concert," Seungcheol says after composing himself.

"You play basketball for real?" Well, that's a surprise for Jeonghan because, according to his research (Joshua's stalking skills are next level), Seungcheol doesn't fancy sports much.

"Yes, it helps me release the tension of solving calculus questions," Seungcheol says with Jeonghan's tone at the end, and this time it was Jeonghan's throat vibrating with the familiar giggles purring out of his lips. His thin yet moisturized lips widen as he laughs.

"Can you guys stop talking and focus on THIRTEEN on stage! They are so freaking awesome," Mingyu butts in, hooting as he cuts their conversation and forces their attention back to the stage.

Jeonghan most definitely had no interest in watching thirteen grown men act even more childish than elementary kids, one looking like the most dominant man to ever exist and sticking and simping over another man who looks so pretty in long hair and getting termed as best friend. Yes, weird, but if that keeps the fans hyped and cash incoming, it was okay.

The sun has now completely settled, painting the sky in a rosy pink and bluish hue. The crowd was still jamming to the group of people blasting music on the stage, and to be honest, Jeonghan was glad Seungcheol searched up the lyrics of the song, so now even they felt included.

"Alright, a little break!" The announcement was made, causing an eruption of whines in the crowd. Jeonghan panted lightly, his chest heaving from all the shouting and jamming. He then turned to Mingyu, who was leaning on Wonwoo for support. Mingyu's whole frame was drenched in sweat, and even his throat was a little sore.

So much for being a fanboy...smh!

"We will grab some water, be right back," Wonwoo said as he pulled Mingyu away from Seungcheol and Jeonghan, who stood quietly next to each other.

"Mingyu and his love for boys is bigger than his height," Seungcheol grumbled, causing Jeonghan to laugh. A chuckle left his own mouth as he stared at Seungcheol laughing.

"Do you need anything?" Seungcheol questioned, causing Jeonghan to turn his attention to him.

"Like?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Um...cotton candy?" And that's how they found themselves standing in front of the small store of an old man who looked very happy for his age, making two colored cotton candies for Jeonghan, who was watching with starry eyes. Cotton candies were Jeonghan's favorite. Yay! And the pay was on Seungcheol, so double yay!

"Here!" Jeonghan smiled, adjusting his backpack as he reached for the candy with a wide grin.

"Do you like cotton candies?" Seungcheol asked as they walked on the pavement back to the university gate.

"Very much!" Jeonghan said as he bit into the fluffy, cloud-like candy and hummed in happiness.

"It's the same as you," Seungcheol said without thinking much and instantly bit his tongue when he saw Jeonghan turn to him.

"Hm?" Jeonghan said as he ripped the cotton apart and ate it with his hand now.

"Not in a bad way, but like---it resembles you a lot. Cotton candy and you are so similar. Soft and colorful," Seungcheol said and stopped midway when he felt Jeonghan staring at him with wide eyes.

"Fuck, I'm rambling. Just forget it," he said and started walking again.

Jeonghan gripped the cotton candy stick as he walked behind Seungcheol quietly. Similar? Cotton candy? Was that a compliment? Sounds like one, though...

"He called me soft and colorful!" Jeonghan thought internally and almost squealed. Seungcheol was so cute while rambling. The way he would take time to put his words in a proper phrase, just like them notes--

Jeonghan halted. Like literally stopped walking. He hadn't received even a single one today. Was the sender upset? Jeonghan didn't understand the weird feeling in his chest. He was finally getting close to Seungcheol now. That's what matters.

"Did they stick at my dorm door again?" He couldn't help but wonder and continued to walk only to stop when he saw Seungcheol standing at the gate without stepping in.

"What's wrong?" Jeonghan said as he threw the stick in the dustbin and rubbed his hands over his jacket, eyes widened when he saw that it was Joshua's clothing and not his. Oh, he would definitely rip Jeonghan's head apart for this.

"Do you want to go back to that crowded place and search up lyrics again so that we could pretend to enjoy the concert?" Seungcheol said in a voice that always made Jeonghan go feral over him.

Deep and soft, just the way he is.

"Um, no--" Jeonghan said. He most definitely didn't want to be there, but he couldn't just refuse Mingyu, now, can he?

"Wanna escape?"

-----

-Vaish

Sorry for the short chapter, lol I literally don't know what to write, is there any specific scene that you all would like to see? 🤔 Do comment 🫶