Chapter 12: Sweet tooth and questions

"Thanks for the movie," Jeonghan expressed, the post-movie glow still painting his cheeks as they stepped out of the theater, the lingering scenes playing in his mind like cherished memories. Seungcheol's accidental embrace during the film had added an unexpected sweetness to the evening.

Seungcheol waved off the gratitude, but beneath the casual facade, his heart raced like a marathon runner. "No biggie," he managed, though his fingers betrayed his inner turmoil, tapping nervously against his thigh.

Internally, Seungcheol's thoughts clamored like an unruly crowd, urging him to seize the moment. "Come on, you dolt, say something!" they shouted, drowning out the external world.

"Do you-" he began tentatively, only to be interrupted by Jeonghan's sudden turn, his eyes wide with anticipation, like a child on Christmas morning.

"Yes?" Jeonghan's voice rang with eager expectation, his excitement tangible in the air between them.

Seungcheol's nerves danced like a swarm of butterflies in his stomach as he pushed forward, his words stumbling over the threshold of his lips. "Do you mind sticking around a bit longer? Maybe grab a bite and head back to the dorm?"

Jeonghan's eyes sparkled with surprise, a flush of joy blooming on his cheeks like roses in spring. "Really?" he breathed, momentarily caught off guard by the unexpected invitation, yet unable to contain his happiness.

"Absolutely!" Jeonghan agreed with a grin that could outshine the brightest stars, determined to silence the nagging doubts that threatened to cloud the moment.

For their luck, they stumbled upon an open café. Upon entering, they found it blissfully deserted, with only two or three patrons, and never more than five, scattered about. The café's vibrant, green, and colorful ambiance exuded a peaceful and inviting atmosphere.

"Let's sit there!" Jeonghan eagerly pointed to a seat beside a huge open window panel, offering a mesmerizing view of the bustling city lights.

"What would you like to order, sir?" The waiter appeared promptly, ready to take their orders. Jeonghan decided on a slice of luscious strawberry cake paired with bubble tea, while Seungcheol opted for a buttery croissant and a steaming latte.

"Sweet tooth?" Seungcheol teased, amused, as the waiter departed, leaving them to their own devices. Jeonghan simply shrugged in response, wearing a playful smile before leaning in, propping his chin on his palm.

"So..." Jeonghan initiated the conversation, capturing Seungcheol's undivided attention. "Tell me about yourself then?" he inquired, eliciting a chuckle from Seungcheol.

"Well, now that we're here, there's not much to tell. I'm just a dull fellow who happens to find calculus fascinating..." Seungcheol shrugged nonchalantly.

"Lie! You're like the hot-" Jeonghan abruptly interrupted himself, hastily covering his mouth with his hand, a mischievous glint in Seungcheol's eyes as he leaned forward, exuding undeniable allure.

"I am what?" Seungcheol's deep voice interjected, causing Jeonghan to momentarily falter, his thoughts in disarray.

"Nothing..." Jeonghan cleared his throat, averting his gaze from Seungcheol's intense stare.

"Say it! You said you wanted to know about me, and now you're muttering under your breath..." Seungcheol unintentionally pouted, leaning back in his chair with a hint of curiosity lingering in his expression.

Stop pouting! Jeonghan inwardly pleaded, resisting the urge to lean in and capture Seungcheol's enticing lips.

"It's nothing, really," Jeonghan sighed, attempting to dismiss the subject, and Seungcheol relented, dropping the matter for the time being.