Chapter 20: Putting the "Brave" mode on

"I think I'm going to tell him," Wonwoo's chopsticks pause mid-slurp, and he shifts his attention to Seungcheol, who sits beside him, his expression troubled.

"What?" Seungcheol drops his chopsticks, turning fully to face Wonwoo, his brow furrowing with concern as he leans forward.

"It feels like I've been living a lie, and I can't shake this feeling of guilt," Seungcheol admits, his gaze drifting past Wonwoo, lost in thought.

Wonwoo's brow furrows in empathy, and he nods slowly, absorbing Seungcheol's confession. "Are you absolutely sure about this?" he asks, rising from the couch and stepping closer to Seungcheol, his voice laced with concern.

Seungcheol takes a deep breath, the weight of his decision pressing heavily on him. As he contemplates, he can't shake the image of Jeonghan, burdened with the anonymous notes. The thought of Jeonghan enduring this mystery without any clue of the sender's identity adds to Seungcheol's turmoil, amplifying the urgency of his decision.

Seungcheol's mind swirls with conflicting emotions as he wrestles with the decision. On one hand, the relief of unburdening himself weighs heavily on his heart, while on the other, he fears the potential consequences of revealing the truth.

The memory of Jeonghan's puzzled expression when discussing the mysterious notes flashes in Seungcheol's mind, intensifying his resolve. He can't bear to see Jeonghan endure the uncertainty any longer.

With a determined nod, Seungcheol rises to his feet, his eyes meeting Wonwoo's with newfound determination. "I have to do this," he declares, his voice steady despite the tumultuous emotions raging within him.

"How are you going to do that?" Wonwoo's voice carries a note of concern as he watches Seungcheol, who bites his lip in deep contemplation.

Seungcheol's mind races, trying to navigate the delicate balance between honesty and preserving their friendship with Jeonghan. His brows furrow with the weight of the decision as he searches for a solution that won't jeopardize their bond.

After a moment of silence, Seungcheol exhales slowly, his gaze focused yet distant as he speaks, "I think I may have an idea, but I'm not sure if it'll work."

Wonwoo listens intently, his expression reflecting empathy and understanding as he absorbs Seungcheol's uncertainty.

"Remember, whatever path you choose, I'm right here with you," Wonwoo reassures, his hand resting reassuringly on Seungcheol's shoulder. Seungcheol's lips twitch into a grateful smile at Wonwoo's unwavering support.

"Thanks, Wonwoo," Seungcheol responds softly, a sense of relief washing over him as he realizes he's not alone in this daunting endeavor.

With newfound resolve, Seungcheol straightens his posture, his mind set on his plan. "I'll talk to Jeonghan face-to-face," he declares, his voice steady with conviction.

Wonwoo nods in agreement, his eyes reflecting confidence in Seungcheol's decision. "That's a brave choice," he acknowledges, his tone filled with admiration for his friend's courage.

"Everything will be alright Seungcheol.."

Jeonghan gulps down the water in one go as he feels the hiccups kick in again. "Damn it!" he curses in between one of them as he reaches for one more glass.

"If you drink that much water, we'll go barren in just an hour," Joshua's voice pipes out from the kitchen as he stirs the noodles.

"Shut up," Jeonghan rolls his eyes at Joshua before walking back into the kitchen to help him.

It was their day off at the University, so they decided to grill some meat with noodles and watch a movie together.

"Hey, what about your love notes, senpai? Did you find out who it is?" Joshua's sudden interest makes Jeonghan think. It had been days since he received those notes. Had they stopped? Who knows. Was Jeonghan happy about their stop? Maybe, because truthfully, he did enjoy reading those small notes of appreciation.

"I hope I can find them.."

-----

-Vaish

Have been loosing interest in writing since last few days, don't know what to do.. I think this is because I haven't taken any break since I started writing (arrange marriage..) maybe that's why the lack of ideas and barren feeling. Im sorry to disappoint you all.

Love notes will be coming to an end in just few chapters more 🙏