Chapter 19: A kiss to remember

"Today was an absolute blast... let's definitely do this again together!" Joshua exclaimed, playfully bumping his shoulder into Mingyu's, eliciting a playful eye-roll in response. After a night spent reveling in the thrills of the funfair, they were all feeling the weariness seep into their bones.

"Indeed, it was quite an enjoyable experience," Wonwoo chimed in, his voice carrying a tone of contentment as he strolled alongside Mingyu. Their leisurely walk back to the dorms was a tranquil conclusion to their lively escapades.

"Why the sudden silence, you two?" Seokmin's gaze lingered on Seungcheol and Jeonghan, noting their uncharacteristic quietness as they trailed behind.

"Did something happen between you two?" Joshua's inquisitive nature prompted him to raise an eyebrow at Jeonghan, who avoided his gaze with a pensive expression.

As they arrived at the dorm gates, Mingyu announced their destination, breaking the silence that had settled among them.

"Is there something going on between you and him?" Joshua prodded Jeonghan with curiosity, edging closer to him as he sought answers.

However, Jeonghan found himself at a loss for words. How could he possibly articulate the turmoil swirling within him? The memory of Seungcheol's tender kiss still lingered, clouding his thoughts. And their discreet moments of intertwined hands only added to the confusion.

What did this all mean? Were they merely friends? The idea seemed absurd—friends don't share impromptu kisses on the lips. But the notion of them being boyfriends felt like a far-off fantasy for Jeonghan. Did Seungcheol share the same sentiments? The question lingered in his mind, begging for an answer.

"Come on, let's get going before the dean sees us," Wonwoo urged, casting a cautious glance around the area. Mingyu nodded in agreement, signaling their readiness to depart.

Seungcheol looked up at Jeonghan, who remained fixated on the ground. Was it a bad thing that Seungcheol kissed Jeonghan? It could be interpreted as such. Did Jeonghan not want it? Perhaps, considering Seungcheol had initiated the kiss. Did he not enjoy it? That's an answer Seungcheol wasn't eager to discover, because truthfully, he had relished every moment their lips had met, igniting a fervent passion within him and leaving him yearning for more.

As they began to walk, Seungcheol found himself stealing glances at Jeonghan, trying to gauge his reaction. Jeonghan's demeanor seemed distant, lost in his own thoughts. Seungcheol's heart sank at the possibility of having crossed a line, jeopardizing their friendship.

Yet, amidst the uncertainty, a spark of hope flickered within Seungcheol. Perhaps, just perhaps, Jeonghan's silence masked hidden desires, ones that mirrored Seungcheol's own. The memory of their intimate moment lingered like a sweet torment, fueling Seungcheol's longing for a deeper connection with Jeonghan.

"Whoa, what's got you so zoned out?" Joshua jolts Jeonghan, yanking him back from his daydream. Jeonghan sighs, flopping onto his bed, a blush tinting his cheeks as his fingers instinctively find their way to his lips.

"We..." Jeonghan starts, but then covers his face, suddenly bashful even though it's just the two of them in the dorm. Seokmin bailed halfway through, warning about the dean's surprise inspections.

"What? Speak up, man, I can't hear you properly," Joshua nudges him, plopping down beside him on the bed.

"I said..." Jeonghan begins, swallowing nervously, sitting up to face Joshua. "Seungcheol and I... we, uh... kissed," he confesses, feeling Joshua's hand slip down his collar, a look of shock spreading across Joshua's face.

"What!" Joshua jumps up, teetering on the bed before letting out a triumphant cheer.

"No way! Oh my god!!! When did this happen? Why didn't you capture the moment—" Joshua starts rambling, and Jeonghan rolls his eyes.

"Geez, why are you so embarrassing?" Jeonghan grumbles under his breath, slipping under his sheets and giving Joshua a side-eye.

"Embarrassing? Oh, please! People out there are performing rituals to land a friend like me, buddy! You should be grateful! So spill, how was the kiss? Did he bite? French kiss? Any groping? Were you making out like it's your last day on Earth—" Jeonghan feels his cheeks flush as Joshua fires off questions, none of which actually happened. Except for Seungcheol's deep kiss, which had imprinted itself on Jeonghan's mind and lips.

"Come on, dish it! Why so silent? I need all the juicy details!" Joshua insists, sitting at the edge of the bed and tugging Jeonghan to sit upright too.

"Were you this hyped about your first kiss?" Jeonghan asks, slipping away from Joshua's grasp and reclining against the headboard.

"No," Joshua admits, sitting cross-legged on the bed, his ears perked up, eager for more of Jeonghan's story.

"So, uh, we were sitting in the Ferris wheel when it happened. He was actually very scared to even ride it, so I let him hold my hand, and suddenly we were kissing," Jeonghan rambles out, his voice filled with the excitement and nervousness of the memory, unsure where to begin.

Should he start where he felt like he would ascend to heaven when Seungcheol held his hand, as if Jeonghan was his only safe place? Or perhaps when they were sitting inside the Ferris wheel, giggling like school kids, their laughter echoing against the colorful lights outside? Or maybe when Jeonghan mentioned how pretty the lights were, and for Seungcheol, it was Jeonghan who outshone them all? Or when Seungcheol held Jeonghan's cheeks in his hands, his touch so gentle yet possessive, as if afraid he might break them? Maybe when their lips finally touched, Jeonghan felt like he could get lost in the sensation forever, the way Seungcheol's kiss was both careful and passionate, soft yet deep, just perfect in every way.

"You are zoning out," Joshua says, interrupting Jeonghan's reverie as he pinches Jeonghan's sides, causing him to yelp loudly, snapping back to reality.

"It's nothing, literally. We kissed, and it was the best ever," Jeonghan says with a dreamy smile, his mind still lingering on the memory.

Joshua wiggles his brows at Jeonghan suggestively, teasing him with a weird smile, enjoying his friend's flustered state.

"Did you like it?" he questions, watching Jeonghan carefully, curious about his thoughts.

Did he? Yes, he did. But did Seungcheol like it? Who knows, maybe he didn't because of how thin Jeonghan's lips are, a doubt lingering in his mind despite the blissful memory.

"Do you want to do it again?" Jeonghan stares at Joshua, his eyes shining with anticipation, as if lost in another world.

"Yes," Jeonghan answers in a small hushed whisper, his voice filled with longing, and Joshua moves closer, eager to hear his friend's confession.

"What? Say it louder!"

"Yes, I want to kiss Choi Seungcheol again!" Jeonghan finally admits, his words filled with determination and desire.

-----

-Vaish

What's your dream date? Share it with me for ideas guys 🥲🫶