Chapter 18: Plushies and Kisses

"We should head out now; the fair is about to start," Joshua announced, rising from the table and tossing the tissues into the bin after wiping his hands.

"It's getting dark; let's go!" Mingyu exclaimed, as they all left the game arcade and headed toward the funfair area.

"What ride should we go on first?" Seungcheol asked, surveying the brightly lit funfair ahead.

"Teacups—"

"Bumper cars—"

"Haunted house—"

"Ferris wheel—"

Seungcheol sighed in distress as everyone pointed in different directions, indicating their preferred rides.

"Since we all have different preferences, how about we enjoy the fair until the streetlights come on and meet back here at the park?" he suggested, and everyone agreed.

Seokmin and Joshua were the first to disappear, heading off in one direction, while Mingyu dragged Wonwoo toward the haunted house.

"That leaves just the two of us," Jeonghan muttered, sliding his cold hands into his pockets as he moved closer to Seungcheol.

"Yeah," Seungcheol replied, gazing softly at Jeonghan. At least they could finally enjoy some alone time.

"Where should we go first?" Seungcheol asked, turning back to the gate.

"Anywhere is fine," Jeonghan replied, kicking a small pebble on the ground as cheers echoed from the arcade.

"Let's try the small games first," Seungcheol suggested, gesturing toward the balloon blasting stall. Jeonghan nodded, and they made their way over.

"You know, when I was a kid, my mom used to take me to fairs whenever she had time off on weekends," Seungcheol began, staring at the stall as they approached. Jeonghan glanced at him, a soft smile forming on his face. He could imagine a five-year-old Seungcheol being excited about going to the funfair.

"But it all stopped after I moved to Seoul for my studies after high school," Seungcheol continued, a slight pout forming on his face as he looked at the ground.

"You're not from Seoul?" Jeonghan asked, studying Seungcheol with curious eyes.

"No," Seungcheol shook his head with a sigh. "I'm from Daegu. I moved to Seoul for my studies."

"Oh, well, if it makes you feel any better, you're always welcome at my home. I was born and raised in Seoul. You can come over and have galbi with my mom and dad," Jeonghan offered, placing a comforting hand on Seungcheol's shoulder, who offered him a grateful smile.

"Thank you," Seungcheol said, ruffling Jeonghan's hair once, earning a playful whine from him as they reached the stall.

"Welcome," the shopkeeper greeted them, handing Seungcheol the gun. "For two, please."

"You want to go first?" Seungcheol asked, offering the gun to Jeonghan, who nodded and took it.

"You don't know how good I am at this—" Jeonghan began but missed the shot.

"Oh, wow," Seungcheol chuckled, covering his mouth as Jeonghan glared at him.

"It was just the first try," Jeonghan mumbled, adjusting his aim and trying again, only to miss once more.

"I think the issue lies with the gun," Jeonghan remarked, scrutinizing the plastic toy with a stoic glare, while Seungcheol erupted into laughter, his amusement echoing through the bustling fairground.

"Let me have a go," Seungcheol chimed in, reaching for the gun as Jeonghan huffed and thrust it into Seungcheol's chest.

"I'm telling you, the problem is in the gun. Even you won't be able to hit—" Jeonghan's words tapered off as Seungcheol skillfully burst two balloons simultaneously, a confident smile playing on his lips.