Chapter 17: Bound to idiots

"Seungcheol! Here!"

Seungcheol spins around dramatically at the sound of his name, only to see Jeonghan, Seokmin, and Joshua standing at the gate. Mingyu, in his usual over-enthusiastic manner, practically sprints towards them, while Wonwoo, the silent observer, follows with a shake of his head, like he's used to this chaos.

"Hi!" Jeonghan grins, sidling up to Seungcheol, who can't resist messing up Jeonghan's perfectly styled hair, earning an exaggerated whine from him. "Stop messing my hair," Jeonghan protests, but Seungcheol just chuckles and pulls him into a one-armed hug.

"Now that the whole circus is assembled, let's roll," Joshua declares, sliding his sunglasses back on like he's about to lead a covert operation, while he intertwines his fingers with Seokmin's, ready to march out of the dorm gates towards their arcade adventure.

"You know, I've been dreaming of the arcade for ages. Finally!" Wonwoo exclaims, running his hand through his hair in anticipation, as Mingyu, his partner in crime, slings an arm around him, practically skipping with excitement.

"Dude same! you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this!" Joshua exclaims, spinning around to face the road, eyes sparkling with anticipation, as he gives Wonwoo an overly enthusiastic high-five that almost knocks his glasses off.

As they saunter down the street, the sun casting long shadows of anticipation, Mingyu's eyes lock onto a fluffy, unsuspecting feline. With the grace of a gazelle, he dives down, much to the bewilderment of his companions, to pet the whiskered creature.

"Mingyu, we're off to the arcade, not the zoo," Joshua quips, his laughter echoing through the street as he gently nudges Mingyu away from his newfound furry friend.

"But look at its face! It's like it's begging for attention," Mingyu protests, still fixated on the cat's hypnotic gaze.

"Let him be, Joshua. Mingyu's found his soulmate," Seokmin interjects, stifling a laugh as he gives Mingyu an encouraging pat on the back, urging him to continue on their journey.

Meanwhile, Wonwoo's eyes light up like a Christmas tree as he spots a poster plastered on a nearby wall, announcing the arrival of a new arcade game.

"Guys, check this out! They've got a new racing game at the arcade!" Wonwoo announces, brandishing the poster like a battle flag as excitement courses through his veins.

"Racing? You know I'm always down for some high-speed thrills," Seungcheol declares, a mischievous glint in his eye as he mentally prepares himself for victory.

"And I'll be your trusty navigator, guiding us through the treacherous waters of arcade competition," Jeonghan adds with a theatrical flourish, already envisioning their triumphant journey to glory.

"Alright, but just remember, if we crash and burn, it's all on you, navigator," Seungcheol teases, nudging Jeonghan playfully as they continue on their merry way, laughter bubbling up like a fizzy soda as they anticipate the adventure that awaits them at the arcade.

As they arrive at the arcade, they're greeted by a cacophony of sounds and a kaleidoscope of lights that would make even the most seasoned gamer's heart skip a beat. Mingyu's eyes sparkle with excitement as he darts from one game to another, his energy contagious as he tries to convince everyone to join him in a round of Whack-a-Mole.

"Come on, guys! Let's see who's the fastest mole whacker in town!" Mingyu exclaims, already wielding the mallet like a seasoned pro.

Joshua rolls his eyes but can't help but chuckle at Mingyu's enthusiasm. "Fine, but only if you promise not to accidentally hit anyone else," he teases, grabbing a mallet of his own and joining in the fun.

Meanwhile, Seungcheol and Jeonghan make a beeline for the racing game, their competitive spirits ignited as they strap themselves in and prepare for the ride of their lives.

"Get ready to eat my dust, Seungcheol!" Jeonghan taunts, a mischievous grin spreading across his face as the race begins.

Seungcheol just laughs and revs the virtual engine, determined to show Jeonghan who's boss on the racetrack.

Elsewhere, Wonwoo and Seokmin find themselves immersed in a virtual reality shooting game, their eyes locked on the screen as they take down wave after wave of pixelated enemies.

"Watch out, Seokmin! They're coming from the left!" Wonwoo shouts, his voice filled with excitement as they work together to survive the onslaught.

With laughter and friendly banter filling the air, the group loses themselves in the thrill of the arcade, making memories that will last a lifetime.

"You little shit, why'd you pull that stunt?" Joshua howled, seizing Banter and giving Mingyu a playful smack on the head, prompting laughter from Mingyu as he stuck his tongue out at Joshua before darting away.

"Nicely done!" Wonwoo clapped Seokmin on the back, both of them removing their headphones, chests heaving from the intense game they just finished, exchanging a triumphant high-five before sauntering out.

"You sneak! Why'd you leave me stranded when you knew my car was kaput?" Jeonghan pouted, playfully pinching Seungcheol's sides. Seungcheol whined before pulling Jeonghan into a hug, sweet-talking his way out of trouble.

"Time to feast!" Seokmin cheered, wrapping his arms around Joshua's waist to drag him away from Mingyu, who looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"Wonwoo! I swear, I'll snatch that wig right off your boyfriend's head!" Joshua threatened, throwing an exaggerated punch in Mingyu's direction, who stood behind Wonwoo with wide eyes.

"What's all the fuss about?" Jeonghan inquired, watching the commotion unfold.

"Nothing much, just Shua losing again," Seokmin sighed, and Jeonghan nodded sympathetically. "Ah, the usual? He's quite the sore loser," Jeonghan shrugged as they exited the game station and headed toward the food stall.

"Goodness gracious! Is this normal?" Mingyu exclaimed, feeling Joshua's glares bore into his skull. Jeonghan nodded knowingly as they made their way to their table.

"More than you'd believe. He simply can't stand the thought of losing at a game," Jeonghan whispered conspiratorially to Mingyu, as Seungcheol and Wonwoo went to place their order.

Amidst their banter, squabbles, and threats, the genuine warmth of their friendship was unmistakable.

Despite the playful jabs and threats, their friendship shone through brightly. As they settled at the table, laughter and teasing filled the air, blending seamlessly with the clatter of cutlery and chatter of nearby patrons.

As they shared stories and laughter over their meal, it was clear that their friendship was more than just a collection of shared experiences; it was a support system, a source of joy, and a treasure to be cherished.

Because sometimes all you need is a bunch of silly people who make you laugh a little, cry a little less, and ensure you're having fun, creating memories of a lifetime.

Friends, forever.

-----

-Vaish

A filler chapter, to enhance thier friendship! Friends are so fucking great to have around (I have zero of em irl🥹) anyways, how's the chapter?