Chapter 16: Makin' plans

"Wonwoo says you should tell him before he finds out on his own," Wonwoo says, stirring the noodles in the pan, while Seungcheol sits quietly at the dinner table.

"I..." Seungcheol's voice trails off, his hands fidgeting. Jeonghan seemed stressed earlier when he was talking about the notes. Was he uncomfortable? Should Seungcheol just speak the truth?

"I will soon," he says with a huff of breath as he leans down on the table, covering his face with his arms. Wonwoo just hums dismissively as he serves the food for himself and Seungcheol.

Their dinner finishes rather quickly, and Wonwoo leaves, saying that he is going to stay with Mingyu for the night since his roommate is out. Seungcheol nods dazedly as he continues to wash dishes, his head still wrapped around the fact that someday he still needs to muster up the courage to confess to Jeonghan about those notes.

The jarring noise of his phone startles Seungcheol, and he gazes back at his phone with a smile when he sees the caller ID 'Jeonghannie❤️'. He quickly washes his hands to rinse off the soap before picking up the call, just as it's about to end.

"Hi," giggles are heard from Jeonghan, causing Seungcheol to laugh. "Hello," he greets back, leaning on the kitchen counter, the dishes now forgotten.

"What are you doing? Am I disturbing you?" Jeonghan says softly, and Seungcheol shakes his head before realizing that Jeonghan might not see him.

"Well, not really. I was just doing dishes since Wonwoo is going over to Mingyu's dorm for the night," Seungcheol says as he picks at his nails, his mind focused on Jeonghan over the call.

"Oh, you're alone?" Jeonghan says genuinely, and Seungcheol hums.

"Is it okay if we switch to FaceTime?" Jeonghan's question makes Seungcheol's heart race as he clutches his phone, mistakenly letting out a cough.

"I mean, that might be easy for you since you can multitask, like talk to me and do your dishes, while not being bothered. I was just looking out--" a laugh escapes Seungcheol's mouth, and he can totally picture the embarrassed head tilt of Jeonghan right now.

"It's okay, we can FaceTime, and moreover, I miss you," Seungcheol adds with a teasing smile, and he hears Jeonghan go quiet over the call before a "I miss you too" is heard as the call switches to FaceTime.

Seungcheol places his phone into the kitchen cabinet as he resumes his work of washing dishes. A blurry Jeonghan appears on his phone screen as he watches him shuffle around the room with noise before he pulls at the door of what seems to be his balcony, and the network improves, giving a view of Jeonghan's bare face under the white tubelight.

"Hi," Jeonghan's voice is croaked due to the cold, and Seungcheol raises his gloved hand to wave at Jeonghan, making the latter smile at him.

"Completing your roommate duty?" Jeonghan laughs, and Seungcheol nods.

"Yes, otherwise, Wonwoo won't cook me food anymore," he says with a shrug as he continues to scrub the dirt off the thermo pan.

"I somehow persuaded Joshua into washing dishes today, so I'm free," Jeonghan says as he leans into the phone, adjusting his bangs. "That's why I called you."

As they continued to talk, Seungcheol found himself drawn into Jeonghan's world, forgetting about the dishes and the mundane tasks of the evening. Seungcheol noticed the way Jeonghan's hair fluttered in the gentle breeze, the way his smile lit up his whole face, and the way his eyes crinkled at the corners when he laughed. It was moments like these that Seungcheol cherished the most, moments where it felt like it was just the two of them against the world.

"So I actually called for an important thing," Jeonghan starts, tucking his hair behind his ears and looking as pretty as ever. Seungcheol washes his hands, completing his work, and dries his hands with a hand towel before grabbing his phone and starting to walk to his room, ruffling his hair in the process.

Jeonghan gulps as the phone gets positioned at Seungcheol's stomach, giving him a view of Seungcheol's sharp jawline, and a sigh is heard from Seungcheol. Jeonghan gulps, avoiding any nasty thoughts as he stays quiet until Seungcheol settles back.

"You were saying?" Seungcheol says as he sets the phone on his bed and lays beside it, as if lying beside Jeonghan in bed.

"Are you free tomorrow?" Jeonghan says after finally regaining his senses.

"Um, yes? Why?" Seungcheol says with an unsure tone. His exams are just around the corner, but it's okay; he is intelligent enough to complete them overnight, and moreover, he pays attention in his classes, so no problem.

"Me, Joshua, and Seokmin are going to the new arcade, so I thought, why not invite you guys too? Wonwoo, you, and Mingyu can join us if you guys are free," Seungcheol nods instantly, making Jeonghan smile.

"We're in. Also, even Wonwoo was talking about going to the arcade, so that's settled then?" Seungcheol says with a mental nod to himself, and Jeonghan claps his hands in excitement.

"Great then! Tomorrow at 5 pm in the evening, let's all go together," he says, causing Seungcheol to smile at his excitement and purity. It's so beautiful to watch Jeonghan smile from ear to ear. His eyes twinkle with so much softness.

"Okay," Seungcheol says before both of them quiet down, but the silence is comfortable. Warm and comfortable.Time seemed to slip away as they talked, the outside world fading into the background as they lost themselves in each other's company.

Eventually, they bid each other goodnight, reluctantly ending their call but knowing that they would see each other again soon.

"I miss you," Seungcheol admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.

"I miss you too," Jeonghan replied, his voice equally soft. "But seeing your face like this makes it a little easier."

-----

-Vaish

Sorry for the lack of the update it's very hard to update when you have no idea on what to write and a entrance exam (neet) is looming over your head! 🥲🍁