Chapter 8

ᴰᵒᵛᵉ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏˢ 🤍

I'm genuinely so excited for you all to read this oh my!!

Please leave your thoughts in the comments :))

Callum and Val were laid on the king sized bed in the hideaway, her head rested on his chest as he played with the loose strands of hair that fell from her clip.

It had been almost three hours since Val and Georgia's altercation and Valentina was exhausted. Not so much physically, just mentally and emotionally drained. Callum had gone to the main villa to grab some clothes and her toothbrush as he was adamant that she shouldn't face Georgia until the situation had cooled down.

"Thank you." Val pushed herself up softly from callum's chest and sat upright so that she could look at him whilst she spoke.

Callum's eyebrows furrowed in response, his eyes narrowed before he took sat upright and fixed his gaze onto the woman in front of him.

"What for?" He quizzed, genuinely confused. He hadn't done anything that solicited a thank you. Did he?

"For this, for just sitting here with me in silence ruining the only opportunity we'd probably have in the hideaway."

"Woah, no." He took Valentina's hands into his. "I chose to use my night in here alright, just being here with you instead of out there, is enough." His words elicited a wide smile from Valentina but her eyes stayed somewhat solemn.

"I never would have thought that within the first three days of me being here, there would already be drama on this scale."

"That's just what happens though you know everything is intensified to the max in here." He responded as he fiddled with the rings adorning Val's fingers.

"I'll make sure to apologise to everyone tomorrow — I hate that they saw me in that light." She huffed and let her head fall back onto the pillow at the head of the bed. Callum followed suit, laying down on his side next to Valentina and pulling the cover over them both to shield them from the bitter breeze travelling through the room.

"Don't apologise for sticking up for yourself, Tiny, they'll understand." Callum's fingertips grazed the side of Val's face as he spoke, he let his hand rested on the nape of her neck for a few seconds as their eyes found solace together in the dark room.

Valentina smiled thankfully towards the man next to her and placed her hand feverishly over his before leaving forward and connecting their lips for what felt like the first time in forever.

The sudden display of intimacy shocked Callum, his lips remained unmoving for a few seconds before Val pulled away with a breathless chuckle. Her eyes darted down to look at her hands briefly before reconnecting with his gaze. "I'm sorry, seems like I caught you off guard there."

No words left the man's mouth but his gaze revealed much more than words could express — you often hear about eyes being the window to the soul, now Valentina Hudson isn't the kind of person that subscribes to that idea but right there. In that moment, she understood the glances directed towards her by the Mancunian.

Her breath caught in her chest and she struggled for words as she all but crumbled under callum's gaze.

It was a mutual longing, one that had probably been building up since the moment they met; growing and growing until it would eventually become to ravenous to contain.

Valentina leaned forwards once again and captured his lips with her own, he responded with so much enthusiasm that she was almost taken aback but regained composure as reality set in for her. She was here, away from the other islanders, with the man she had been wildly attracted to since she laid eyes on him. In that moment, the reality of the situation also dawned on Callum; he was alone with the woman who had consumed the entirety of his mind since she had arrived.