Chapter 9

ᴰᵒᵛᵉ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏˢ 🤍

This chapter will be over the span of two days so it should be very long.

I'll edit the word count and average read time at the top so you can see how long it would take an average person to read it :)

Word count: 4.1k words

Average read time: 15 minutes

Hope you enjoy!!

°

"Islanders, it's time to see if you know what your partner is thinking in today's couple challenge. 'That's what they said' buckle up because you're in for a wild ride!

#makingasplash #ohnoyoudidnt #whenyouknowyouknow "

Val clapped her hands and cheered in appreciation that the producers decided today would be a good time for a fun and light-hearted challenge.

From beside her, Callum cheered along too with a wide smile as he watched the joy exuding from the girl for the first time since she had arrived.

One of the producers entered the villa momentarily to tell everybody to gather around the firepit with their mini blackboards and small sticks of chalk. Two people were assigned as the hosts of the game, Ovie and Hannah since they were the newest couple with no history.

The challenge included Hannah and Ovie reading a quote from the plethora of boards behind the makeshift bar and the islanders would write down who they think said what. The person with the most votes would have a drink dumped over them by their partner before the answer is revealed.

"Okay! The first quote is..." Hannah picked up a board and read out the contents.

"I can't see myself being with her on the outside you know, she isn't my cup of tea."

Val winced. Whoever said this is in for some deep shit. She knew it wasn't Callum, they hadn't been together for long but he was very clearly attracted to her. It wasn't any of the new arrivals, which meant it was between Anton or Mitch in her books. Anton wouldn't really say that behind Georgia Harrison's back so she eventually landed on her answer.

"I think it's Mitch." She announced, turning her board to reveal Mitch's name.

"Same here, sorry Mitch." Callum added, pursing his lips as he turned his own board around.

It was down to the last two people: Mitch had the majority of the votes whilst Anton and Toby had one vote each.

"I think Callum said this, judging on what he's said to me in the past." Georgia S chimed in and turned her board around. Val rolled her eyes at Georgia's words but decided to not give her the reaction she was digging for. Molly and Kaz grimaced at Georgia's words and rolled their eyes at her blatant cry for attention.

"Sorry Mitch, I chose you." Toby finished. His tone sounded off, truthfully he was fed up with Georgia and her attitude to others. She seemed to always put her need to be the centre of attention over basic human decency and that wasn't a quality he looked for in somebody he would be in a relationship with.

Liberty then stood up and grabbed a drink from behind the bar that was handed to her by Ovie. She made her way over to Mitch and pursed her lips with squinted eyes as she dumped the contents of the glass over Mitch.

"We can reveal that the person who said that was — Mitch." Ovie peeled the thin piece of plastic off of the names behind the board. "And he was talking about — Liberty."