Chapter 12

I'm so sorry that this chapter is so late :(
I just started a new job and it's very demanding so I haven't really had much time to work on this book for the past several days — I hope that the uploads will be a lot more settled by next week, I hope you all enjoy this chapter <3

-

Tonight!

A double dumping, shakes the villa

"Oh my god..."

+

Tension hung thick around Valentina as  she continued to sip on the drink in her hand.

Callum had given the girl no reason not to trust him, he'd been nothing but up front and truthful with her about everything; as far as she knew.

But Val was also a chronic over thinker and despite their chat the day prior, she couldn't stop her subconscious from planting seeds of doubt in her already jumbled brain.

"Vee." Ovie pushed himself closer to the girl and whispered. "Don't think too much into it, it's one chat."

"I know." She sighed in response before placing her empty champagne flute on the floor next to the bean bag.

"I'll just wait and see if he talks to me about it after then."

"That's what I like to hear." He stood up with a sigh. "I'm gonna go and catch up with Han but I'll talk to you soon, alright?"

The brunette looked up at Ovie with a taught lipped smile and waved him off.

—— Beach Hut ——

Valentina

"I forgot just how intense this environment is." Val exhaled.

She bit at her bottom lip and sighed.

"Can I sit here?" Val looked up from where her eyes had settled, and made eye contact with Tyler who was standing opposite her with an almost undecipherable smile.

The brunette nodded apprehensively and averted her gaze back up to the terrace to see that Callum and Chloe had presumably finished their conversation.

Val had become so wrapped up in her thoughts that when Tyler eventually spoke from the yellow bean bag in front of her, she jumped and exhaled rather loudly in surprise.

"Fuck." She breathed out and clutched at her chest almost as if she was trying to pacify herself.

"Wow" Tyler chucked. "I guess I'm just that scary."

"I guess you are."

Val didn't particularly like Tyler. Not only was he her good friend's ex boyfriend, but he was also just somebody that gave her a weird unsettling feeling in her stomach.

Tyler cleared his throat and looked on at the brunette in front of him. She didn't make eye contact but he didn't exactly take the hint.

"So I just thought I'd pull you for a chat and see where your head is at with Callum." He shifted in the beanbag and rolled his eyes when he noticed that Molly and Kaz were watching him from the day beds.