TWENTY EIGHT

I was wearing a school uniform for college. It's a gray fitted skirt. Above the knee ko 'yon. Pagkatapos ay isang white polo blouse na may red and gray sa collar. It has a necktie too and my name tag on my left part in my chest.

I tied my hair in a bun and put a light make up. Turo yon sa akin ni Lovy kahapon. Ang tamang pag-aayos ko para sa pagpasok sa eskwelahan.

The students still need to wear the school uniforms every Monday to Wednesday and we can wear our preferred clothes every Thursday to Saturday. Mayroon ding biniling tamang damit si Lovy para sa institute at school events.

"You have Mr. Herrera's card with you. You can eat at the cafeteria. I downloaded the school app in your phone. You can find the map in there. Your dashboard is also there, your student portal, your schedule and school announcements" si Lovy na nasa aking likuran at tila sekretarya ko kung umasta. Nakatayo lang kasi siya doon at may hawak na ipad sa kamay. Mukhang may chinecheck.

"I will be updated by your instructors through emails. I can't go with you so you have to go alone, Maurice. Don't worry, college life is somehow stressful but you'll enjoy it once you got to know the importance of your goal. Just stick to your schedule, no going out alone. Text me if you want to go somewhere and I'll send someone to accompany you" dagdag niya pa.

Tumango nalang ako at kinuha ang sarili kong ipad at bag. "I'm finished"

"Okay" tumango siya. "Promise me, that you'll send me a message if you want to go somewhere?"

Tumawa ako. Para naman akong bata nito. "Opo. Promise"

Lovy sighed. Inayos niya pa ang baba ko at itinaas yon ng maayos. She even went to my back and pushed it so I can stand properly.

"Chin up. Be confident always. Don't let them intimidate you. If someone bullies you, just—"

"Chill, Lovy. Ako na to oh. They can try but they can't. I fight back"

Umiling siya. "Don't fight back. The last thing I want for you is getting a back record because of fights. The best thing you can do when someone bullies you is ignore them and tell me"

Nunkang papayag akong i-bully ako. I don't let anyone bully me. I fight back. I don't have to live to their standards and push myself to be someone they like. I am me, so I will be me.

"I understand. I will call you after punching them" saka ako tumawa habang umaalis doon.

Lovy sighed and called me after.

Hinatid muna ako ni Lovy bago siya tumungo sa company. Sinubukan kong hindi guluhin si Duke, huwag siyang tawagan o i-message manlang pero sumuko din ako kaninang umaga.

I just informed him that the school will start today and I sent him my mirror shot after wearing my school uniform. Hindi pa nga ako nakakapagsuklay nang mga oras na yon at kakablow dry ko lang ng buhok.

The campus is big but I have my map on the school app.

I noticed that I am the only wearing a school uniform. Did I go to the wrong school? Bakit parang ako lang yata ang naka-uniform. Some of them are wearing a maroon event uniform. Some of them are in their casual attires.

I went with the announcement from my course and section. What the heck is room TBA? I checked the map again and the announcement but I couldn't see room TBA there. Is it the lab? Or the gym?

Maiiyak na sana ako, buti nalang at biglang may tumawag sa cellphone ko.

My cellphone almost fell when I saw who the call was. It was Duke. Sasagutin ko ba? Hindi naman ako nagtatampo sa kaniya. Ayokong magtampo kahit na miss na miss ko na siya at gusto kong mainis dahil kahit reply manlang ay wala.