Chapter 15

As the stadium erupted in cheers, the final whistle confirmed the inevitable: CSK had clinched the championship. Amidst the jubilation, Abhishek stood there, his shoulders slumped, the weight of disappointment heavy in his heart. The confetti seemed to mock his sorrow, each piece a reminder of what could have been.

Shubman, recognizing the familiar cloak of defeat, approached Abhishek with open arms. "Hey Abhi, calm down," he said gently, his embrace a silent promise of solidarity. "I know how it feels. The sting of loss, the 'what ifs' that haunt you. But remember, it's not the end. We fought well."

Abhishek's voice was tinged with regret as he replied, "Shub, I can't shake the feeling that just a few more runs... maybe, just maybe, we could've turned the tide today."

The two stood there, locked in a moment of shared understanding, until Maanya's presence added warmth to the cold grip of defeat. She wrapped her arms around Abhishek, her hug speaking the words her lips couldn't form.

Meanwhile, Shubman retreated to the solitude of his room, only to find Suhana perched there, an unexpected intrusion. "Suhana, what are you doing here?" he inquired, his tone a mix of surprise and irritation.

"I am here to be with you," she replied, her voice a soft whisper of concern.

But Shubman's patience had frayed. "Just leave my room, Ms. Khan," he said firmly, the 'Ms.' a clear boundary he drew between them.

Suhana's response was a silent, stubborn shake of her head, but Shubman was resolute. He left his room and sought refuge in knocking on SRK's door.

The door swung open, and SRK's inquisitive eyes met Shubman's troubled gaze. "What brings you here, Shubman?" he asked.

"Sir, your daughter is intruding on my privacy. Please, sir, tell her not to interfere in my personal life," Shubman pleaded, his voice a blend of respect and desperation.

SRK's nod was one of understanding, and as Suhana emerged from Shubman's room, the air was thick with tension. "Suhana, why are you invading Shubman's privacy?" SRK's voice was stern, a father's authority unmistakable.

"Papa, woh—" Suhana began, but SRK cut her off. "You are not invading his privacy ever again," he decreed, and Suhana's nod was one of reluctant acceptance.

With the matter settled, Shubman found himself in the comforting embrace of Anvi. "Where is Abhi?" she inquired, her curiosity evident.

"Abhi is with Maanya," Shubman replied, a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

"Love birds," Anvi muttered under her breath, her words a playful tease.

The mood lightened as Shubman chuckled and offered, "Coffee?" Anvi's nod was all the confirmation he needed, and together they strolled towards the cafe, their steps in sync.

As they sipped on their coffee, their conversation meandered through a maze of random topics, each word a step away from the earlier tension. In a spontaneous moment, Anvi captured Shubman's candid expression and shared it with the world on Instagram, a snapshot of life moving on.

Anvi's post