Chapter 18

As the sun began its descent, painting the sky with hues of orange and pink, Shubman meticulously checked each room of the house, ensuring that everything was in place. The morning had been a flurry of activity, with Shubman organizing and packing with a precision that spoke of his anticipation for the evening's plans. As afternoon gave way to evening, a palpable excitement filled the air, a prelude to the night that awaited.

With careful consideration, Shubman selected his attire, opting for a classic grey shirt paired with crisply ironed black trousers. His reflection in the mirror nodded in approval, a silent acknowledgment of the gravity of the occasion. Stepping into the living room, his gaze was immediately drawn to Anvi, who stood there like a vision from a dream.

Anvi's dress was a masterpiece of contrast and design, black fabric adorned with delicate white floral patterns that seemed to dance with each movement. The dress hugged her figure gracefully, with a V-neckline and short sleeves that added a touch of sophistication. A tasteful slit along the side of the dress offered a glimpse of her leg, a bold statement of style and confidence.

Her accessories were chosen with an artist's eye for detail—a small white handbag with a gold chain strap that echoed the dress's elegance, and a necklace that lay gently against her skin, its simplicity enhancing her natural beauty.

"Maa, we are stepping out for a while," Shubman announced, his voice carrying a note of excitement. Keart, his mother, offered a knowing nod, her eyes twinkling with unspoken understanding. Shubman's fingers wrapped around the car keys, the cool metal a tangible reminder of the journey ahead.

The drive was a quiet one, filled with the soft hum of the engine and the occasional rustle of the blindfold that Shubman had gently placed over Anvi's eyes. The road wound its way towards the mountains, each turn bringing them closer to the destination that only Shubman knew.

Upon arrival, Shubman's hand found Anvi's, guiding her with gentle assurance. The world was a mystery behind the fabric of the blindfold, but Anvi trusted Shubman implicitly, allowing him to lead her to the heart of his meticulously planned surprise.

With a flourish, Shubman removed the blindfold, revealing the breathtaking venue he had chosen. There, under the canopy of the twilight sky, Shubman knelt before Anvi, his heart laid bare in the words that followed.

"From the moment our paths intertwined, there was an undeniable magic that enveloped us—a connection that soared beyond the realm of friendship. Your laughter, Anvi, has been the sweetest melody to my ears, a sound that brings tranquility and joy to my very soul.

In your presence, I have found a happiness that was once foreign to me, a bliss that I now hold dear with every passing second. You shine, Anvi, like a beacon in the multitude, illuminating every moment with your radiance. And so, beneath the watchful gaze of the stars and with this letter as my messenger, I stand before you, ready to take the leap. Anvi, would you grant me the honor of being my girlfriend? Will you join me in this dance of life, to dream together, to face challenges side by side, and to revel in every victory?"