Chapter 39

Adrik :

She is mad. 

She is infuriated at me. 

Well yes, what I did was absolutely wrong but I had to do it. I had to do it for our sake. Pakhan has started doubting me, and Dimitri and Vladimir were adding fuel to his fire. It was getting too risky. I cannot allow anyone knowing that I had lied, because if one of them knows, then the news will spread like fire and reach Pakhan. 

And he won't let this slip away. He would kill Grace mercilessly and would never put his trust in me ever again. 

And these are the very two things I won't ever allow to happen. 

Grace will never leave me. She is mine, and she will never ever leave me. 

Even if she wants to. Not that she will. 

And secondly, Pakhan’s trust in me. Arthur trusts me more than anyone in our organisation. Afterall, I am the strategist. Without me, the Russian mafia is nothing. 

If he knew I lied to him, he would never forgive me and would probably ask me to marry some girl from another organisation to establish relations with us. 

Like fuck that will happen. 

Now that she is pregnant there will be no doubts. No risk. 

“ I want to be away from you,” she mumbled, as she left the room leaving me behind. 

She is furious. 

When she realised that I switched her pills, the only thing visible in her eyes was rage. 

Rage and disgust. 

But it's fine with me, unless the rage is for me. She feels for me, she is there with me, that's what I want. 

And I don't care about anything else. 

I follow her out, as I see two men staring at her with pure desire in their eyes, smirking as they approach her. 

“ Need a hand, love,” one of them remarks at her offering her their hand, as she stares at them wide eyed and steps back until her back hits my chest. 

It's over for them now. 

Red. That’s all I see. Red. Rage. Why the fuck are they alive yet? I’m sure as hell going to have some fun with them now. It’s going to be a fucking long night and it is going to be fun. 

“ Move aside or you won't have a hand left to offer,” I state, directing a threatening look towards them as Grace slips to my side and I wrap a protective arm around her waist. 

“ He’s your man?” one of them asks her, ignoring my threat. 

They won't ignore my threat once they actually won't have an arm left. 

“ No, he is my husband,” she declares, rolling her eyes at me, getting on her toes and kissing my cheek. That’s my girl.

Okay now I want more. 

Later Adrik, later. 

I move towards them pushing one to the ground and holding one by their collar. 

“ You fucking-,” I get cut off by Jeremy as he rushes to my side. 

“ What the fuck are you doing?” he yells at me as I push him away. 

They fucking tried to flirt with my woman and he is trying to fucking stop me. Either Jeremy has a dead wish or he has fucking lost it. That’s all I fucking know at this point/ 

My woman. 

They aren't allowed to do that. 

“ Grace, Luca is outside the hospital. He’ll take you back,” I utter to her as Jeremy helps the other guy. 

What the actual fuck. What the fuck is he doing? 

“ They were flirting with her,” I tell Jeremy as one of them tries to run away, but Jeremy holds them by his nape, throwing him on the floor as the guy grunts. 

" You fucker,"Jeremy utters and his jaw clenches. 

How did they even get here? I had ordered to have all the people dismissed. No one was supposed to be here. 

“ Adrik in my basement,” Jeremy tells me, soon after Grace leaves. 

it doesn't take much to vote and comment, does it?