Day Two

❝ He wants you to introduce him to her

He wants you to introduce him to her. And then maybe convince her to date him. And then they get happily married and–

── •✧• ──

That night, Vienna went to bed without dinner, already stuffed after eating the most magical waffle of her life. Her dreams faded from the boat ride over the Great Lake, to a recurring nightmare that had been plaguing her for the past few months.

She awoke in the darkness, with cold sweat running down her forehead. It was freezing in the dorm, and her thin pyjamas weren't doing much to warm her shaking body. She shrugged on her black coat and boots and descended into the common room.

She grabbed a piece of parchment that had been discarded on the common room table, and a spare quill.

Dear mum and dad,

She frowned. How should she word this?

I got into Gryffindor bitches. Imagine doubting your daughter.

She scrunched the parchment into a ball and threw it across the room. She started again.

Guess what?! I got into Gryffindor! The sorting ceremony was amazing and it's all so magical! I think I've made a few friends already, but as you guys always say, I'm not getting my hopes too high. My first day was pretty great, but a bit boring, but I survived! Cardan was being a bit of a (please dad, excuse the language) ratbag and sprayed me with soap water. I really think you guys should confiscate his allowance for a week or two (don't tell him it's my idea, I want to tell him myself and see his face). I miss you guys so much already, winter break can't come sooner!

– your dearest daughter
Vienna xxx

She decided that it should be good enough. Vienna grabbed her wand from her dorm and muttered a quick 'lumos'. She made her way out of the Gryffindor common room, and when the swinging portrait door was closed, she was plunged into darkness. The only source of light was coming from her wand, blinding the other portraits and paintings which groaned.

"Go back to sleep, young lady." One portrait said, and Vienna rolled her eyes. She descended the stairs and made her way outside, ignoring her shaking body and the chilly breeze.

She walked up the steps to the owlery, careful not to slip. There, she chose the owl which looked most awake and tied the letter to its leg.

"Bennet residence." She told the bird, and it flew off with a swoosh. She watched it disappear into the night sky, wings stretched wide and soaring freely.